Welcome to PatsFans.com

Battlestar Galactica Season 3.5

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by JoeSixPat, Dec 28, 2006.

1. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +193 / 2 / -3

..so I got sucked into this show big time - in part due to some Patsfans members suggestion....

Was able to catch up on the first two seasons and am up to date with the current episodes thanks to Netflix - thought some might be interested in some teasers for Season 3.5 starting in January

http://pandora.angstnromance.net/Battlestar/bsgpreview.htm

Among the teasers and talk on the Battlestar blogs based on the teaser is the suggestion that in Season 3.5 one of the top characters dies, another is revealed as a cylon and that someone "finds" earth

I think the last item is probably somewhat figurative - but what are people's guesses?

Kara or Baltar as the Cylon seems too obvious. I've got my money on Gaeta. I think #3 winds up dying (a cylon but still a main character) and that Tyrol winds up "finding" earth (though its worth remembering that Kara is told that she "has a destiny" by one of the Cylons early on)

Any guesses?

2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,484 / 15 / -23

#61 Jersey

I got the two-hour pilot episode on DVD as a gift a year ago and enjoyed it, but haven't tried keeping up with the series. Looks like there is some catching up to do. Would it make sense to start watching the series now without further grounding in plot/characters?

3. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Definitely not. It's not a Star Trek kind of show. You need to watch every episode to know what's going on. I was hooked immediately after watching the pilot that you have and couldn't wait to see more.

4. Michael

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I don't like watching teasers on a show like this because it's always a spoiler. I won't even watch the montage at the beginning of every episode. I also stopped listening to Moore's podcasts during the season. He slips a lot. I said (on another forum) at the end of season 2's mid-season break that the writers would never make Baltar a cylon because it had become anti-climatic. I've heard Gaeta suggested before. Remember they found a cylon device on the bridge of Galactica in season 1. And he is more likely to have put that there than Boomer if he is a cylon. Personally I just don't see it. I think Kara could be a skin job. She fits the mold. But, another Galactica pilot just doesn't seem the way the writers would go. She or Dualla are my guess for major character being killed off. They have to come up with a way for Lee Adama to get out of that love triangle and not look like too bad. My guess for new revealed cylon will be either Chief Tyrol or his wife.

5. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +193 / 2 / -3

Well those teasers are just that - you can't take them too seriously.

Kara - though potentially obvious - still remains a strong candidate (she was pretty adept at flying that Cylon raider - and is the best pilot - maybe too good!)

But if not Gaeta I'll go with Dualla instead.

Chief or Cally I don't see - their kid would be half Cylon too and you'd think that would be known and significant to they cylons as they know about them having a kid.

Having a trusted, loved crew member like Kara does make sense as I see the story line developing in the future that Humans are forced to come to grips that they know, trust and love some Cylons - therefore they can't be all bad.

6. Michael

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yeah, I guess. I really haven't given it too much thought. I was just trying to think of a main character that they could turn skin job without being too obvious or disappointing too many fans. I would hate to see Starbuck be a cylon. She's just too important to the Galactica crew. I hated when it looked like she was going to be a mom on Galactica. I thought it would ruin her character. I suppose Dualla would also fit the mold for a cylon (i.e. hot babe) . And that wouldn't effect things on Galactica too much since she hasn't been in too many situations.

7. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +193 / 2 / -3

It may be worth keeping in mind that the pressure to be "politically correct" with the Cylons as well.

Right now we've got one hot blond "American", another one with a British/Australian/NewZealand/Zena Acent, and an oriental chick - for the guys we've got a black, and three white guys.

Someone hispanic looking seems a bit overdue - though we're getting a little heavy on the male side... perhaps they even things out with a black girl - Dee?

8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Don't forget that there's only five unknowns left and that the Baltar plot arc has made it pretty clear that those five are significantly different than the ones we've come to hate. So that device from way back when is probably not a reason to suspect someone. Planting that device seems like the actions of one of the known seven IMO. The unknown five could have been the ones who initiated the original attack with the known seven just wanting to control the humans rather than wipe them out or they could just want to live in peace with the humans or really any number of other possibilities; but I'm pretty sure they aren't just more versions of the known seven.

My guess: They're something similar to the Oracle from the Matrix with Baltar's 'brain six' perhaps being one of them. Not really on anyone's side, just trying to stop the fighting in some weird way.

Edited to add: There's some sort of marathon coming up on the 15th of January, probably the best way to catch up if you're not into video piracy, BSG is the most downloaded show on the net:) and that 3.5 premieres on Sunday the 21st. They are done with Friday nights.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  9. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,079 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

Put me in the list of BSG fans. Started late in season One when Boomer was wrestling with her Spylon side and never saw the mini-series.

Those of you who are hetero males will appreciate several of the 'skin jobs'.

10. Michael

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yes, I do. :D

11. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +3,079 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

Tricia Helfer is married to my hoops and sailing buddy's cousin.
    A smokin' babe.

12. Michael

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Your hoops and sailing buddy's cousin is one happy man. :D But, then again as they say about every gorgeous woman. Someone somewhere is sick of and tired of her bullchit. :D

13. Michael

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

[SPOILER ALERT Select text to read]

I guess they are going to make Kara Thrace a cylon and they are going to kill her off. I came across that by accident. And it was right from Sackhoff's mouth. She may have been just joking but, she didn't seem to be. I still think it's a bad move for the show. And after the last episode "Taking a break..." I find myself losing interest in the show. Much like I did with Lost. However, I still watch Lost (keep in mind I download these shows and watch them on my laptop.) and will probably still watch BSG but, I'm not crazy about Moore's vision right now.

14. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +193 / 2 / -3

Thanks for the spoiler alert - I've not seen the most recent episodes yet but maybe will have time over the weekend.

Still, I couldn't resist reading that - not sure where you saw the report but I'd guess its possible its misinformation or misinterpreted somehow.

15. Michael

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I saw it here if you're interested. That is the only real spoiler in the clip. And with the way the story line is going it doesn't seem that far fetched. Although as I said she could have been joking.

16. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +193 / 2 / -3

Seems like it was a joke to me. Of course, leave it to them to make a joke of something and then have it be true to throw people off.

17. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I read somewhere that the creators have claimed that everyone BUT Starbuck could be a cylon. Something Sackhoff was told early on.

The miniseries and the first episode "33" was some of the best television I've EVER seen.

18. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Big plot turn on that spoiler Michael. Seems like Fonzi might be strapping on his water skis if it comes to pass, I'll give it a chance anyway. I see where you're coming from about losing interest in the show, 'cept for me it stemmed from the episode right before the one you mentioned. They constantly ratchet up the pressure and then just let it fade away. There's never a climax and they never answer any g-damned questions.

19. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +3,079 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

If you don't like questions not being answered, or more being raised than answered on a diverging basis, then avoid 'LOST'. I can't because I have a serious case of hots for Kate.

20. Michael

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yeah me too. :D

But, even though I have no chance of ever even meeting her it bugs me to no end that that little bridge troll who plays Charlie on the show is hitting that. :mad: