PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Battle of ideologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The 3-4 versus the Cover 2, Brady versus Manning, Dungy versus Belichick, Good versus Evil.

Enjoy it while it lasts, Sox in the World Series, Brady on fire, Moss catching passes with his mouth... this is so much fun. When the Colts and Patriots play we will get to see two legendary QBs at their absolute peak. It doesn't get any better than this. Memo to other franchises, to build a team you need a system, a GM who can acquire talent for the system, coaching stability, and oh yah, a Hall of Fame QB doesn't hurt either.

One of the things I really respect about both teams is their belief in their respective systems. The Colts offense puts so much pressure on a defense and executes at a top level and their cover two system is a treat when it is clicking. The Patriots don't lock into any tendencies and have so many weapons they are almost scoring at will. The 3-4 defense puts a premium on stopping the run and making a team one dimensional.

I really can't wait for the Colts \ Pats game, the X's and O's plus the Jimmy's and Joe's is must watch tv.

Last edited:
This will definitely be the regular season game of the year.

Do you think this game will be moved up to the Sunday night slot on TV?

This will definitely be the regular season game of the year.

Do you think this game will be moved up to the Sunday night slot on TV?

It won't. I think Peter King discussed this. First off, flex schedule starts in Week 11. Even if the game could be switched, CBS can hold onto one game a week. Pats-Colts would definitely be that game. In addition, (and this is what King was saying) the NFL felt they owed some type of favor to CBS because the Pats-Colts games are always being put on primetime. Considering this game usually pulls the biggest ratings of the year, they felt it was unfair to pull the game. Whatever.

What do you mean? Manning peaked a couple of years ago. The Colts are actually a better team now.

I really can't wait for the Colts \ Pats game

This will be one of the most hyped regular season games in any sport, ever. And I'm not being sarcastic or over-dramatic. The hype will be insane.*

*if both teams are undefeated

Last edited:
Memo to the NFL. Put either the Pats or the Colts into the NFC so they can play each other in the superbowl. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots