PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Batlimore Ravens have a serious problem

Ray Rice of Baltimore Ravens knocked fiancee unconscious during altercation - ESPN

Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice struck his fiancée with his hand, rendering her unconscious, according to a summons obtained by ESPN.

-I just wonder why she was arrested. I have lost all respect for Rice

Why do you wonder why his fiancee was arrested?

Rice and the woman "struck each other with their hands," according to an Atlantic City police report.

She assaulted him as well. Difference being that he's a man and a professional athlete... so his strike effectively ended the fight.

It's 2014...unless Rice is illiterate he HAS to have read up a little on the current state of domestic violence laws. If YOU are the man, YOU have to walk away. End of story. Not saying it's right or wrong, but in any domestic assault, one party is going...and well over 90% of the time THAT party is a man.

Unless she pull a knife, gun or something else that could be considered dangerous like a screwdriver he doesn't have a leg to stand on and is going to get screwed.

This is nothing new for the Ravens:

Terrell Suggs marries woman who accused him of domestic violence | ProFootballTalk

Sounds like Rice is a prime candidate for an extension. :p

Yeah, exactly.

This is nothing of a problem for the Ravens. What the hell do they care? They've got a team full of thugs already.

He's obviously going to be a big part of their plans going forward, so they'll deal with whatever minor suspension of a game or two that he gets, and be fine; if it even comes to that.

We heard the same thing with Alfonzo Dennard...parts 1 and 2.

Still, to put it in perspective, the Ravens do not have a serial killer on the team.

Do I care about his off the field issues? No. Plenty of NFL players are crappy people regardless if he is totally at fault or not. I and I think the Ravens mostly care about his 3.1 YPC last season.

Still, to put it in perspective, the Ravens do not have a serial killer on the team.

Neither do the Pats.

We dump our problem players (Dennard hasn't been a problem since he's been with the team). The Ravens extend theirs. :eek:

Seriously, though, your point is well taken.

I thought this thread was gonna be about how they overpaid Suggs pretty badly. :p

But yeah, this isn't even as close to as bad as Suggs; didn't he pour bleach on his baby's momma? Ravens are screwed and not just because their team is a bunch of thugs. Their cap situation is almost as bad as the Cowboys.

I'd be lying if I said I was shocked to learn that yet another NFL player is a wife beater. Hopefully once all of the facts come out it won't be as bad as it looks.

This isn't even as close to as bad as Suggs; didn't he pour bleach on his baby's momma?

From NFL.com last year:

According to the domestic complaint obtained Friday by The Baltimore Sun, Suggs' longtime girlfriend, Candace Williams, claimed the All-Pro punched her in the neck and dragged her alongside a speeding car with their two children in the vehicle. The woman said she suffered "severe road rash" as a result of the incident.

As is standard protocol in the wake of a complaint of this nature, Suggs was ordered to turn over any firearms in his possession. The Sun reported he turned over seven guns. WBAL-TV reported Suggs surrendered nine.

Suggs does not face criminal charges stemming from the September incident.

In December 2009, Williams alleged Suggs held her down on the floor, poured bleach on her and their son and kicked her in the face, breaking her nose, according to The Sun. Williams also claimed physical abuse dating to the start of their relationship in 2007.

Williams was granted a protective order as a result of those 2009 claims, The Sun reported. It later was rescinded after the couple reconciled and Williams dropped a $70 million lawsuit against Suggs.

Terrell Suggs' girlfriend claims he punched her in neck - NFL.com

It makes Rice a scumbag, but I don't think it makes the Ravens in trouble. Rice is virtually uncuttable unless the Ravens decide that they absolutely have to let him go for PR or moral reasons.

As for them being in trouble, I think the fact that they have a slightly above average QB making elite money is a far bigger problem than having Rice on the roster. Newsome is great GM, but I think he may have more problems than he can dig himself out of. He may need a few years of rebuilding. As good as Newsome is, he hasn't built a Super Bowl competitor year in and year out. They seem to go from elite to mediocre and back to elite.

It makes Rice a scumbag, but I don't think it makes the Ravens in trouble. Rice is virtually uncuttable unless the Ravens decide that they absolutely have to let him go for PR or moral reasons.

As for them being in trouble, I think the fact that they have a slightly above average QB making elite money is a far bigger problem than having Rice on the roster. Newsome is great GM, but I think he may have more problems than he can dig himself out of. He may need a few years of rebuilding. As good as Newsome is, he hasn't built a Super Bowl competitor year in and year out. They seem to go from elite to mediocre and back to elite.

I think the Ravens dug themselves a hole with the Joe Flacco contract, and I think they overpaid for Suggs. Flacco has cap hits of $14.8M, $14.5M, $28M and $31M the next 4 years, and the dead money to cut him is roughly $38M, $36M, $29M and $15M in each of those 4 years. I will be very surprised if the Ravens are a serious contender for at least 3 years.

He's straight though, so its not a locker room issue.

Once the video of Rice dragging his unconcious girlfriend out of the elevator surfaced, it's gonna be really hard for Baltimore to keep him. Goodell has been all over the image problems, and this is gonna leave a mark on his outreach to women's program.

Rice has shown he is a scumbag, and mark my words, this story has traction and will be getting even more airplay in the Baltimore/DC area because it's the offseason. The sharks smell blood in the water, and the mediots and reportards will be all over this like a dog on a bone.

I, for one, couldn't think of a better team to have this happen to. :cool:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back