Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bash my enemy forum

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by The Predator, Jan 5, 2007.

1. The Predator

The Predator Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This forum should not be called the political forum. I should be the "My Testosterone is Better than Yours Forum." Please do not claim I can't take the heat, I am not man enough, or I am whining. These things are not true. Please just logically listen to some reasoning.

Many people in this forum would rather attack a person instead of logically debating points. Why is this? It amazes me that so many poeple cry about partisan politics yet then turn around and call their opponants dumb, delusional, murderers, terroist lovers, etc... Do you know had sad this is?

If you read over the majority of these threads they become a crapping match that goes nowhere. No one ever wins. The insults get bigger and bigger. When someone new comes in many just want to insult and attack personally. That is sad.

No wonder why nobody on the Gov't level can get along and make progress if they act as hostile as the people who elected them.

Bottom line: We are Americans. Maybe you don't want to be or like to criticise what that means. Then get out of the US. Ok, so many people have different theories about war, economy, environment, parties, or whatever it may be. Why does the person that has a different theory need to be attacked? Why can't people debate theories instead of attack people?

So why don't I just leave here and let you all argue and accomplish insulting each other more and more? I am an Independant in the state of NH. I am not a registered anything and I have no idea who I am going to vote for in the next election. I popped in here to see if I could get a grasp on some factual points, but all I can find is extreme personal assault coming from both ends of the spectrum. Where is the balance in here? Are there any postes who actually talk logically or is this just an insult place?

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 3 / -10

They have been doing it to me since I came on here because I am a "right winger" and also because I am smarter than they are.

If you want to see people just like them keep an eye on the "Auntie Pelosi Gang".

:bricks:

3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

"Here comes the predator" - Ice Cube

Dude...."Debating politics" and "Bashing your oponenet's views" are the same. Its all done in good spirit and fun. If you stick around for a while you might learn something.

I agree that debate, with factual evidence is the best way to learn. But you'll find a wide spectrum of opinions and ways to express them on this board. Be thankful that PATSFANS has this unbiased forum allowing us all to be expressive and to share opinions. Even if those opinions by most everyone mninus myself are wrong.

:)

welcome.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  4. The Predator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I guess I don't understand why you agree with my post then insult your opposition by saying they are not as smart as you are. Maybe you do this in jest, I dunno. I don't see how this is any better than any Gang.

5. The Predator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh ok, I guess I see what you are saying. Calling someone a terrorist supporter, murderer, idiot, and stupid is just are the same as debating hardcore issues that help put food on hundry children's plates in our country. I see the logic now, my bad.:eek:

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

Well, my advice to you is to keep posting, take things for what they're worth, and pretty soon you'll figure out how to separate the sensible from the insane. Some people take this stuff personally. Me, I don't. It's a freaking internet forum you azz....hahaha j/k! :D

Welcome to the forum bud ;)

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +819 / 27 / -33

This is not a touchy feely forum, most days you get the crap kicked out of you and the boundaries are drawn early. Suggest if you are looking for a nice forum, probably does not exist on this board. OTOH, if you cut through the crap there is a lot of intelligent opinions posted here.. but, more often than not the messanger is attacked and the message is disregarded.

8. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nope, no logic. I'm a pragmatist and I can't read most of these posts anymore. It seems like some of the more mature people just stick their fingers in their ears and scream "lalalalal I CANT HEAR YOU." Wicked mature.

And good Christ, it's not in good fun: people actually believe the slime they spew.

And PS, Predator: yes, the government elected officials are biased and it is why we can't get anything done. My agency, in particular, isn't going to get a budget this year because those on both sides of the aisle won't compromise. Woohoo for pissing matches!

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 3 / -10

It was in jest, they all know what I am talking about, they called me stupid so many times when I first came here that I dopted it as a signature.
    "Stupid Harry Boy"

10. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

SEE!

here is a prime example of a bunch of poop posted by peeps (self included) then some personal info that contains facts pertaining to the question you asked. Presto!

and I understand that sarcasm and jokes are difficult to understand through the internet...Thus my 'Debating and Bashing' comparason above was taken seriously by you. It takes a bit to screen the personalities here, but you will.

Like I said: Welcome.

11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +585 / 22 / -19

Predator, don't read too much into the insults. Think of us like a dysfunctional family. Sometimes, we have bad days and aren't so nice, but in general I really do think we like and respect each other. We do give each other hard times, but it's because we enjoy the debate, and sometimes try a little too hard to get the fire going. Also, like any forum, there are different sorts of people here. For me, that makes it interesting. But, don't judge us too harshly. I don't think so many of us would have stuck around if we thought "our opponents" really meant everything they said.

12. The Predator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No thanks, I don't really want to screen personalities. I want to learn facts. I want to make America a better place. Some may laugh at that, but if a few million people got up off their butts, they could improve this country.

13. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

This is really redundant...we are actually debating about how to debate?

Okay dude....Not quite sure how you are gunna start this revolution via the political forum on Patsfans.com

but let me know where and when and I'm there brother!

14. The Predator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So you as the moderator turn around and say that maybe I think terrorists are nice people???? How is it that shows respect for a new poster? I didn't enjoy that. Did you enjoy that? If you did there is something wrong with you. I didn't find that interesting. I find it sick because you just said that i think some people that killed a family member are nice people. No way you could have known that, but give me a break. What republican or democrat or independant thinks terrorists are nice people?

It is not my job to figure out whether you meant it or not. It is your job to exercise some self discipline and not shoot crap out of your mouth that you do not actually mean. Well thank you at least for putting up the red flag for every post of yours. I just hope the other mods on this site are not like you.

15. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Places with strict rules are boring and lack innovation. You shouldn't think in terms of convincing whoever it is you're arguing with. Think in terms of winning over the crowd that's also reading the exchange, the vast majority of whom don't speak up at all. When your opponent starts to crack, he'll turn to insults or perhaps even pictures of flashing lights with the words: "Fraud Alert!" underneath. That's when you know you've won.

16. The Predator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It isn't about starting any revolution. It is about being the best American that I can be every day. It is about caring about my country and my neighbor. Many don't seem to comprehend that.

17. The Predator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Or maybe that is when you just lost respect form the many people who read and do not post because you sunk to a level to make a person do that.

18. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +585 / 22 / -19

I made a facetious remark to challenge your thinking. You said that there are WMDs and I said, facetiously, that if there were such weapons then "Maybe you just think the terrorists are actually nice people who don't want to use all those WMDs." Well, if you believe there were WMDs, why aren't they being used by the terrorists? In my view, there are two possibilities: the terrorists are nice enough not to use them or they don't have and never had them. I'm sorry if you think I was rude, but facetious statements and sarcasm are certainly legitimate tools of debate. All I can say is that in the future, I'll try to be more sensitive to you.

19. The Predator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LOL why is it about me being being a sensative person and not about you practicing self discipline and discretion while not letting your personal agenda cloud facts?

I just cannot believe a mod would do that. wow. At least I do understand why this forum is so aggresive and not factual or logical.

20. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

the other extreme is a forum that suspends or bans people for the most "Barney-ish" of rules.... i would say that kind of nancy pants moderating is far, far worse....

on another political forum, one with Barney rules and predominantly right-leaning mods, i was actually suspended two months for calling another poster "our favorite Bush representative" and two days for suggesting someone "get a clue".... meanwhile, a half dozen other posters said "get a clue" that very week, and nothing was ever said to them...

when i'm new on a forum, i never EVER start the personal stuff.... i give the community the benefit of the doubt and stick to topics.... but once i'm targeted on a personal level, as I was here by a certain Pats fan in Philly, the gloves come off... I mean, if they're not going to police the personal attacks, posters can't act indignant later when fire is returned ...

nonetheless, some people just don't know how to debate an issue without lashing out on a personal level at an opponent who is owning them... it really says a lot about a poster who can't support their own viewpoint with fact or substantiality, and rather has to resort to racial epithets or frightning ideology supported by nothing...

bottom line, and maybe it sounds grade school, but, i don't start it... i finish it... but i applaud this forum for allowing a little necessary venting concerning some incredibly polarizing and serious topics...