PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Based on the new schedule: who is in and who is out of the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots are gonna go 11-5 next year and win the super bowl. They always start off slow, Brady doesn't look great generally until the air starts getting crisp. I say we start off 4-3 and then finish 7-2.
We've got Miami at New England in late December. That always bodes well. :)

i'll say 20-0, with the entire patriots team being vindicated and elected to the probowl, and winning that game as well.

Just curious to hear people's thoughts on which 6 AFC teams will make it to the playoffs this year based on the new schedule. For what it's worth here's my picks:

Division
Patriots(13-3) - Brutal schedule, but still win the East!
Broncos(11-5) - I loathe these guys, but they will take advantage of coaching change in SD and capitalize on their own new FA signings.
Ravens(10-6) - I hesitate on this pick. It won't be as easy as last year. I think Pittsburgh improves, while Cincy still has some fight, this division could be close.
Colts(10-6) - Indy will hit the wall with their schedule and take a few beatings from teams in their own division along with a severe trouncing on 11/4, but Jughead will help 'em squeak by in a few. Wouldn't be too shocked if Jags or Titans even make a run at this division, but I still can't pick against the Colts taking it again.

Wild Cards
Chargers(10-6) - Start off rough, but pull it together due to pure talent and the quickfeet of their "binky-sucking" RB.
Steelers(9 -7) - Almost picked the Titans, but Pittsburgh still has life and will squeeze in similar fashion to KC last season.

pats 14-2

colts 12-4

broncos 11-5

bangels 11-5

wild card

chargers 10-6

jets 11-5

Division Winners:

1. Patriots: Is it really any suprise? Can anyone pick against us? Jest will take a step back this year since their schedule isn't as soft as it was last year and noodle arm is still their QB. Fish will only have a defense to lean on unless Culpepper makes a comeback, but I can't see that happening. Bills will just blow.

2. Colts: I can maybe see Jacksonville making a run, perhaps Tennessee too, but this division will still belong to Indy by the time the season is over. I see Jax, Tenn, and Houston as teams being in a building phase.

3. Steelers: This team was better than it played last year. Big Ben had mental problems all year which caused mental errors. They have a new coach that's very defense oriented and the Steelers have a strong D. Cincy and Baltimore will make a strong run for the division but I think Cincy will come in 2nd with Baltimore coming in 3rd (for their lack of offense). Browns suck.

4. Broncos: No doubt in my mind on this one. Kansas City got lucky and had no business being in the playoffs last year. Chargers have a new coach and Turner doesn't have a history with good results. Faiders will probably be better than last year but will still be horrible. Denver improved by leaps and bounds.

Wild ******* Card:

1. Bengals: If they can keep their roster out of prison, I can see them making a strong run at the division. This run will help them sneak into the playoffs with the Wild Card spot.

2. Chargers: SD will basically back into the playoffs (even with Turner) on the strength of L.T.'s legs. Much like Kansas City last year.

Division Winners:

1. Patriots: Is it really any suprise? Can anyone pick against us? Jest will take a step back this year since their schedule isn't as soft as it was last year and noodle arm is still their QB. Fish will only have a defense to lean on unless Culpepper makes a comeback, but I can't see that happening. Bills will just blow.

2. Colts: I can maybe see Jacksonville making a run, perhaps Tennessee too, but this division will still belong to Indy by the time the season is over. I see Jax, Tenn, and Houston as teams being in a building phase.

3. Steelers: This team was better than it played last year. Big Ben had mental problems all year which caused mental errors. They have a new coach that's very defense oriented and the Steelers have a strong D. Cincy and Baltimore will make a strong run for the division but I think Cincy will come in 2nd with Baltimore coming in 3rd (for their lack of offense). Browns suck.

4. Broncos: No doubt in my mind on this one. Kansas City got lucky and had no business being in the playoffs last year. Chargers have a new coach and Turner doesn't have a history with good results. Faiders will probably be better than last year but will still be horrible. Denver improved by leaps and bounds.

Wild ******* Card:

1. Bengals: If they can keep their roster out of prison, I can see them making a strong run at the division. This run will help them sneak into the playoffs with the Wild Card spot.

2. Chargers: SD will basically back into the playoffs (even with Turner) on the strength of L.T.'s legs. Much like Kansas City last year.
McGahee might give that offense a nice jump start. In the end, the teams in the North will be black and blue, and you may be right, Balt outside looking in. At the same time, Worthlessburger might have another worthless year.

I am seeing 17-2 for us this year.
I don't know about the Ravens winning the division again. There offense does not help them very much however the Steelers have a new coach which may help them. No way S.D. has as good a year as last.
There will not be too many changes in the playoffs in the AFC but the NFC could be a lot different.

I think you are right..17-2 with SB #4 coming home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back