PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Based on the draft,which Pats vets are going to be cut,traded,released,not re-signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Based on the draft,which Pats vets are going to be cut,traded,released,not re-sig

Hoyer is out. And we will gain a pick for him. Already countless times I have heard McShay, Dilfer and Lombardi talk about Hoyers development and teams interest in him.
I say we can package Hoyer and a pick for a superstar pass rusher or receiver or we trade him for a 2.
With Bradys success, I think we have all overlooked the development of Hoyer. In Hoyers limited snaps, be it preseason or end of game, like the Dolphins game, he was able to show off what looks like a QB who has grasped his offense, and can put some spin on the ball.
A lot of teams in this league have to be aware of the fact that BB was comfortable enough through a strong season to go week to week with only Hoyer. That in itself for two seasons has to be enough to garner a good pick.
Bill has been pedaling players who have overachieved or look maybe better than they are for years.
Mallett surely has the skill to be able to walk run in and be the number 2 to Brady. Which two years from now, could be the next move.
I believed all along, that with him bringing in Dalton, Locker and Mallett for visits, that he knew one of them would fall to a place where the value could never be passed up. Mallett fell to a round where it was impossible to pass up. Just like Pioli taking Stanzi in round 4.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-hoyer-a-better-trade-target-than-kevin-kolb

Last edited:
Re: Based on the draft,which Pats vets are going to be cut,traded,released,not re-sig

Can't believe some people don't think Solder is a day 1 starter, he was the 17th pick in the draft, Matt Light is definitely gone.

Bodden could be gone too, I see Dowling lining up opposite McCourty, will give us 2 corners who are physical and can tackle.

Could they not keep all 4 TEs with Hernz being more of a receiver, and playing out most of the time?

Could see it :) but hopefully Smith doesnt get taken by some other team!

I see possibilities in ...

Gerard Warren (although we produced no DL)
Kevin Faulk (retirement like the Bruschi situation)
Sammy Morris (Definite goner,we won't have more than 4 backs on the active roster)
Fred Taylor (Definite goner)
Jonathan Wilhite (Definate goner,they will keep Butler)
Alge Crumpler (if Lee Smith is good enough to stay off the PS)
Matt Light (if Solder shows something special)
Mankins will depart if the new CBA eliminates the Franchise tag
Kaczur (if he does not get paid to his liking)

Anyone else?

Warren - already replaced by Stroud.
Faulk - agree
Morris - agree
Taylor - agree
Wilhite - depends on camp and we always have DB injuries, who knows.
Crumpler - don't agree, 4 TE this year (praying Lee can long-snap)
Light - could see coming back on a short-term deal
Mankins - if the Franchise tag is really gone there will be chaos this off-season. I can see them eliminating it going forward but not for this season.
Kaczur - agree but for different reason (injury)

I really don't see anything shocking, and maybe there won't be any this year. But I'll go ahead and put a name into the "cut" category: Banta-Cain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes