PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Baseball interferes with football again

Jethro Tull isn't a sport.

Firstly? You mean, for the first five seconds? Soccer would benefit from a field about half the size. That way, they could introduce revolutionary concepts like "strategy," and "scoring."

Ah, a scoring = excitement guy...

Firstly? You mean, for the first five seconds? Soccer would benefit from a field about half the size. That way, they could introduce revolutionary concepts like "strategy," and "scoring."

blasphemy. Don't let a South American hear you say that.

Ah, a scoring = excitement guy...

Not really. I enjoy hockey immensely because in that sport there are at least regular shots on goal. I think my suggestion of shrinking the field for soccer is a good one.

blasphemy. Don't let a South American hear you say that.
Ah yes, South Americans kill soccer players/refs/fans ... I should be safe because I'm none of those. ;)

Jethro Tull isn't a sport.

soccer is not just a game ... it is an event ... that's what makes it so special.

Last edited:
what's this, Tunes?...a mod that doesn't like Tull?????

why...he must be ....THICK AS A BRICK...:banplease:

For those morons who insist Baseball has never had a stick up it's arse - in the Baltimore opener moving to Denver thread.

Chargers at Oakland moved because of the second most boring "sport" on Earth.

It is October. The boys of Summer should go away.
1st of all, if the Raiders don't like it, they should join the rest of us in the 21st century and stop sharing their stadium with a baseball team and get one of their own.

2nd of all, don't be so easily fooled: The NFL didn't have to do this. They could have easily had the Chargers and Raiders swap home dates. And they could have easily had the stadium ready for an earlier game. But make no mistake about it: This is a trial run to see how people react and how much tickets sales and ratings it gets with the possibility of doing this in the future.

slightly ot but, anyone else annoyed baseball teams pop champaign and party after winning a mere playoff spot? I'm a rays fan since the devil rays days and last night was huge finally beating texas but Champaign and hats and t shirts? yall won nothing yet. and the sox with "we own the east" shirts, you've been a joke for years and now you claim to own the east, really? bruins didn't celebrate at all after winning the eastern conference. took one picture and didn't touch the trophy and it was business as usual. anyways rant over.
It's a hold over from the fact that it used to be that making the playoffs in baseball really meant something.

soccer is not just a game ... it is an event ... that's what makes it so special.

That makes sense to me. I likely have been jaded by seeing it on television, which is like watching slow-motion ping-pong. I still think they should cut the field in half -- that would make it more action-packed, like hockey.

Normally I would be upset, but since it's nearing playoffs, I don't mind.

The Sox have won two titles in the last nine years, and are poised to make a run at at a third, so I wouldn't exactly say they're a joke.

Regarding the champagne thing, there are 162 games in a season, and up until 1994, only two teams made the playoffs. Making the playoffs is a pretty big reason to celebrate because, unlike football, bad teams don't get in. Ever.

Honestly, I don't get the boner that a lot of posters here have for baseball hate. Don't watch it.

I know making the playoffs is a bigger thing in baseball but it just seemed over the top imo. I guess it's not as bad as confetti falling in the Wells-fargo center after a 76ers regular season win...

Not a sport. It's a game.

LOL. I've come to the conclusion that a "sport" is defined as "any athletic endeavor that you like". If it's any other athletic activity that you don't like, it's not a "sport". It's a (fill in the blank with "game", "activity", "pastime", "insomnia cure", etc.)

If you like it, it's a sport. If not, it's not a sport. :D

Years of hearing responses along these lines to this question has led me to this conclusion. :rolleyes:

LOL. I've come to the conclusion that a "sport" is defined as "any athletic endeavor that you like". If it's any other athletic activity that you don't like, it's not a "sport". It's a (fill in the blank with "game", "activity", "pastime", "insomnia cure", etc.)

If you like it, it's a sport. If not, it's not a sport. :D

Years of hearing responses along these lines to this question has led me to this conclusion. :rolleyes:

"Sport" involves physical exertion to the level of oxygen debt. Golf is a recreational game.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back