PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Barwin runs a 4.47 at pro day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comfortable? Sure, why not? I've disagreed with your heartburn over Hobbs and Co. before, no need for me to change now. ;)

But if you insist, my favorite Day One CB is 5'9" 193 lb. Alphonso Smith. Unfortunately his change of direction numbers at the Combine were a bit slower than I like. Now some folks here like 6'3" 214 lb Sean Smith of Utah, who did put up excellent change of direction numbers, sadly the one time I watched him play he looked to be the one Alabama was picking on and seemed to be out of position a lot. I never noticed that so much with his 5'9" buddy on the other side. :confused2: I've also read where he's not that physical, which leaves me quite uncomfortable with him.

In the mid-rounds there's Keenan Lewis of Oregon State, he's a 6'1" 195 man-to-man CB who started for four years. Kevin Barnes of Maryland is about the size you want, he's got the quicks I want, but he missed most of his senior year with an injury so he's got that caution flag. Sherrod Martin of Troy is another one with size/quickness, but he's a FS who some are projecting outside to CB. Mike Mickens of Cincinnati is also about the size you are looking for, he's still recovering from a late season knee injury and is just getting back into shape.

Those five are about it, Smith is a high two, Martin and Mickens 2-3s, the other two 3-4s.

What about this kid Jairus Byrd? Have you seen him play? I haven't, but he sounds intriguing - son of an NFL player, great ball skills, very good size. The only knock on him is straight line speed, but that's was the knock on Assante as well.

What about this kid Jairus Byrd? Have you seen him play? I haven't, but he sounds intriguing - son of an NFL player, great ball skills, very good size. The only knock on him is straight line speed, but that's was the knock on Assante as well.
I was thinking of him for S, but he injured himself and was unable to workout at the Oregon Pro Day, so I'm not sure how athletic he is and I've only seen him in their bowl game, where the positive was they seemed to avoid throwing to his side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes