PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bart Scott: Welker's 'days in a uniform' are numbered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sick of these tools.

Goodell you are on notice.

Smart move Bart. I can almost guarantee you that he just bought his team at least one unneccessary roughness foul tomorrow. You don't threaten the health of another player and not get the refs to watch you.

While the entire Jets defense is keyed in on Welker, seeking revenge, BOB will be killing the Jets with TEs and RBs.

Is Bart Scott the deaf, dumb and mute man's Ray Lewis?

Welker > Scott.

Last edited:
If Bart Scott didn't suck so bad in coverage, I'd be concerned.

So much for the quiet Bart Scott. I heard a Jets writer from the NYDN on 98.5 yesterday say he can't remember the last time Scott made a play. "Be very careful what you say about our coach." Hmm, I don't believe Welker ever mentioned Rex. ;) You just know that, apart from a couple of loudmouths, the rest of the Jets got a good snicker out of what Welker said.

You guys realize this not a threat, but a pun, right?

I hate Bart as much as the next guy, but I lol'd.

Last edited:

Have you read the Newsday article? Have you read the ProJo article? There is no pun here. Scott is serious. Scott felt Welker crossed the line and is peissed. He was dead serious.

Seriously, I don't even know how that can even be taken as a joke. Scott is just a loud mouthed dumb player who says things like that.

Last edited:
God Dell will turn a deaf ear on Sunday, but next time there is a serious injury attributed to retribution he will put on his whiny little bytch costume..

:confused:You found that funny? That was a direct threat towards Welker on the field. I'm sorry if I missed something, but sh!t like this should be taken seriously by the league and appropriate action should be taken. Consider that Rex learned from his dad, Buddy about putting $$bounties out on players health in the locker room. It wouldn't surprise me if he was doing this as well.

So much for the quiet Bart Scott. I heard a Jets writer from the NYDN on 98.5 yesterday say he can't remember the last time Scott made a play. "Be very careful what you say about our coach." Hmm, I don't believe Welker ever mentioned Rex. ;) You just know that, apart from a couple of loudmouths, the rest of the Jets got a good snicker out of what Welker said.

Production-wise, he has been pretty quiet this year.

I seem to remember a Jets player, prior to week 2 of 09, saying their game plan was "blunt force trauma" to Brady's knee. Nothing new here.

a pun?? yeah, right.

But yes, I still smiled after reading it because I can see why Scott said that.

How would the Pats players - and fans - react if one of the Jesters made a sly reference to BB's personal issues? I can imagine the hue and cry that will follow bemoaning that personal issues shoudn't be raked and that the player crossed the line. Players will take it personally if their coach is made fun of. Period.

Scott, IMO, has been guarded for the last few months and not to been his usual loudmouth. His response to Brady watching a Broadway show was a guarded, non-trash and a smart one.

Cant hurt them if you cant catch them. They probably think the D has it figured out, only for the Pats tothrow out something completely different. The Jets were reved up last game saying hownthe Pats give false compliments an how they will show the pats whats up...45-3. Read the article they all talk about how the
pats quietly tweek them. Its like a mouse who keeps stealing peanuts from an elephant.

To spell it out for those who are missing the double-entendre:

Wes Welker could stop wearing his uniform if he has a season-ending injury.

Wes Welker could also stop wearing his uniform if the Patriots lose Sunday.

Bart's playing the same plausible deniability game as Wes was, but with a more sinister subtext.

In Wes' case, the two possibilities (in each instance) were:

1) Heh heh. Foot. Heh heh, and
2) Figures of speech related to Pats' own performance.

In Scott's case, the two possibilities were:

1) Heh heh, Wes will wear street clothes because he will be golfing when the Pats lose, see what I did there? or

2) I will cripple Wes Welker.

This definitely qualifies as upping the ante. It's also thug-funny because he has exactly the same out that Welker does (How do you get that from what I said?)

And of course, it's not funny to the other team's fans, but what else is new?

a pun?? yeah, right.

But yes, I still smiled after reading it because I can see why Scott said that.

How would the Pats players - and fans - react if one of the Jesters made a sly reference to BB's personal issues? I can imagine the hue and cry that will follow bemoaning that personal issues shoudn't be raked and that the player crossed the line. Players will take it personally if their coach is made fun of. Period.

Scott, IMO, has been guarded for the last few months and not to been his usual loudmouth. His response to Brady watching a Broadway show was a guarded, non-trash and a smart one.

They did. Between so-called 'spygate' and when BB went through his divorce and was seen with his 'lady' friend there was a lot of media and talk by other fans about it.
The jets are just grasping at straws to try and eek out some sort of motivation from it. The problem is when there isn't anything to really get worked up about and a few idiots beat their chests the rest of the guys in the locker room know it isn't a big deal. Of course, when players verbally attack your QB and promise physical harm on them then it really isn't hard to become motivated by it. The Patriots are so phucking far into the Jets' heads it's scary.

Some of you guys are giving Scott way way way too much credit about double meanings.

Even if the patriots lose Welker would be back in uniform next year.

The quote was about ending Welker's career.

To spell it out for those who are missing the double-entendre:

Wes Welker could stop wearing his uniform if he has a season-ending injury.

Wes Welker could also stop wearing his uniform if the Patriots lose Sunday.

Bart's playing the same plausible deniability game as Wes was, but with a more sinister subtext.

In Wes' case, the two possibilities (in each instance) were:

1) Heh heh. Foot. Heh heh, and
2) Figures of speech related to Pats' own performance.

In Scott's case, the two possibilities were:

1) Heh heh, Wes will wear street clothes because he will be golfing when the Pats lose, see what I did there? or

2) I will cripple Wes Welker.

This definitely qualifies as upping the ante. It's also thug-funny because he has exactly the same out that Welker does (How do you get that from what I said?)

And of course, it's not funny to the other team's fans, but what else is new?

That is a stretch to think he meant that they would knock the Pats out of the playoffs rather than a thinly veiled threat.

First, Scott isn't that smart. He has never been one to mince words. He has never been the master of the double-entendre. He is more of a Joey Porter, trash talking time that says things without thinking.

Second, Newsday's article positioned it as Scott being upset with Welker's comments. As a guy who acts on emotions, it seems clear he just reacted.

Now if anything becomes of this, that can be the argument Scott and the Jets make. Goodell is all about player safety and threating to end an other player's days in an uniform to the press is not something he wants to have happen.

I think you are giving Scott far too much credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots