PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Barstool Sports: Rumors that the Colts' Equipment Manager deflated Intercepted Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From their article from their article on Mike Kensil:

Yes it is this Mike Kensil who is now Dir. of Football Operations at National Football League who was prowling the Colts sidelines last week. Yes it is this Mike Kensil, the former Jet with a longstanding grudge against the Patriots who was proactively looking for deflated footballs last week. It is the same Mike Kensil who whispered to Bob Kravitz in a dark tunnel of Gillette about deflated footballs. I’ve even heard rumors that he and the Colts equipment manager conspired to actually deflate the one football that came in at 10.5 PSI. The rest were closer to 11.5 PSI. It is this Mike Kensil who called Chris Mortensen to leak the story about Deflategate.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/bosto...ike-kensil-aka-the-ringleader-of-deflategate/

I really hope that if the reports are true that the only football that had less pressure than about 11.5 PSI was the intercepted ball that came in at 10.5 PSI that the league investigate the Colts and watch sideline video of their equipment manager to see if the only tampering on the sidelines was from the Colts.

Ya not sure I'd be citing a Davey Pageviews Barstool blog. His rumor source is probably from Patriots fans tweeting him.

Possibly, but the same way people are questioning now that 11 of the 12 balls being 2 LBs PSI under the legal limit not being possible without human tampering, people have to start to question why the ball the Colts' intercepted is far more deflated than all the other balls (assuming the rumors are correct that all the other balls were in the 11.5 PSI range and the intercepted ball was in the 10.5 PSI range).

I'm not going to lie...

I'm a level headed enough guy that I can wait for official firings before starting a witch hunt/ accusations against anyone (yeah I'm better than most hacks we've heard from over the last week) but I LOVE the 180 this story has taken over the last few days

I want to see us pummel the Hawks, and in the weeks that follow I want to us be exonerated by proof that there was underhanded actions taken to smear the pats...making deflate gate a complete disaster for everyone but the pats...

Which I hope re awakens spy gate talk and it gets exposed for what it was rather than what it was made out to be...

Can you say greatest offseason ever?

This is all turning so nicely now. I can guarantee that when the idea was set to catch the pats the idea of this story being so big was not even thought of by the guilty parties. So likely thought it would just be a quick fine. Little did they know the hatred/jealousy of the pats ran so deep. Our success and disdain from the public will be their undoing.

Can't wait for the salty tears of the media when this thing blows up after we win next sunday

IF, and this is a very big IF, this ends up being true big punishment needs to come their way. 1st round pick to the Pats and very strongly consider Irsay being forced to sell.

I'd believe it when I see it. As much as I hate the story it has provided entertaining twist and turns along the way. No idea how it will all play out.

Folks - I'm away so I have been a little out of it the last few days, but wanted to check in quickly and I see a lot of rumors being thrown around. We should remind ourselves that its rumors that got us into this mess in the first place, rumor will not get us out of it.

As Patriot fans, we should now be pressuring any responsible media to pursue replicating Belichick & HeadSmart's experiments which purportedly exonerate them. Contact Reiss, Curran, PFW- heck, contact local universities MIT & Harvard. Ask them to perform these experiments and relay their results. I'm actually quite confident all results will exonerate the Patriots. I find it amazing that the mediots have time to twiddle their thumbs on Twitter all day, but can't inflate a couple balls and move them to a colder environment.

I have to say, not following this thing every minute of every day the last day or so has been a relief. Back to off the grid, and here's me hoping the Pats are exonerated next time I check.

IF, and this is a very big IF, this ends up being true big punishment needs to come their way. 1st round pick to the Pats and very strongly consider Irsay being forced to sell.
First rounder from every team involved. If Goody is found to be involved the pick lost in 08 and the fines should be returned.

I don't think they will ever prove this nor do I think the league would ever want to try to prove this. But if there was ever proof of one team trying to sabotage another team in this way, it would require a punishment of the biggest extreme. The Pats would need to be compensated and people would need to be suspended.

That said, the last thing the league wants to do is prove a league official and a team conspired to get another team in trouble with the league for a bogus allegation of cheating.

From their article from their article on Mike Kensil:

http://www.barstoolsports.com/bosto...ike-kensil-aka-the-ringleader-of-deflategate/

I really hope that if the reports are true that the only football that had less pressure than about 11.5 PSI was the intercepted ball that came in at 10.5 PSI that the league investigate the Colts and watch sideline video of their equipment manager to see if the only tampering on the sidelines was from the Colts.
This is one of the first things thati thought of and somebody posted this last week. even before d jackson said he never thought the ball felt any different the media never questioned the integrity of the colts. they had the ball, they could have deflated it before calling the officials.

Anyone think this tweet from PFT is related to this latest rumor?

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 46m 46 minutes ago

Just had a very interesting phone call about #DeflateGate. Waiting for one more call. Stay tuned.

I don't think they will ever prove this nor do I think the league would ever want to try to prove this. But if there was ever proof of one team trying to sabotage another team in this way, it would require a punishment of the biggest extreme. The Pats would need to be compensated and people would need to be suspended.

That said, the last thing the league wants to do is prove a league official and a team conspired to get another team in trouble with the league for a bogus allegation of cheating.
That may be the last thing the league wants to prove, but the Pats, NFLPA and any other of BB and Kraft's allies are likely building a case for it.

Hopefully the Pats took copies of the video they turned over to the league. You know, in case they decide to "lose" them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back