PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bars at Gillette

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmac14

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
What is the bar experience like at Gillette on game day? Do they charge covers to get in? The flu has wrecked havoc on a few folks that I typically tailgate with and now just two of us still standing, I'm wondering if we should just spend pre-game at Patriot Place.

I dunno but I hear CBS Sports Scene is a great time on Game Day.

I like the bar at Skipjacks. It has a lot of room (and people!). There is a big humorless guy who guards the door when it gets crowded. If he asks you if you are just going to drink or whether you are going to eat, say you are going to eat (no matter what the wait time is) and go inside with everyone in your party and put your name on the list. They will then invite you to wait in the bar. When they call you either sit down to eat or pretend you didn't hear your name! If you say you are just going in to get a drink, Mr. Surly will put you in a line that never gets any smaller because not that many people leave until it's time to get into the stadium. He'll also try to dissuade you from putting your name on the list by telling you the wait is several hours - don't listen!! If you want one of the few seats at the bar, I suggest going WAY EARLY, like 3 or 4 hours before game time, to even have a shot. Mr. Surly probably won't be at his post then either.

I dunno but I hear CBS Sports Scene is a great time on Game Day.

Every time I go to Patriot's place (I usually arrive there 2 or 3 hrs. before the game) the wait at CBS Scene is 3 hours. You must have to get there 4 or 5 hours before game time to have a shot at getting in.

What is the bar experience like at Gillette on game day? Do they charge covers to get in? The flu has wrecked havoc on a few folks that I typically tailgate with and now just two of us still standing, I'm wondering if we should just spend pre-game at Patriot Place.

Forgot - no covers, but the drink prices are outrageous (like $10 for wine in a plastic cup).

You definitely need to get there REALLY earlier (4+ hrs) to get a good spot in one of the bars like others have said. They get really packed and I'm sure they'll be more crowded since it's going to be another cold/windy game.

I like the bar at Skipjacks. It has a lot of room (and people!). There is a big humorless guy who guards the door when it gets crowded. If he asks you if you are just going to drink or whether you are going to eat, say you are going to eat (no matter what the wait time is) and go inside with everyone in your party and put your name on the list. They will then invite you to wait in the bar. When they call you either sit down to eat or pretend you didn't hear your name! If you say you are just going in to get a drink, Mr. Surly will put you in a line that never gets any smaller because not that many people leave until it's time to get into the stadium. He'll also try to dissuade you from putting your name on the list by telling you the wait is several hours - don't listen!! If you want one of the few seats at the bar, I suggest going WAY EARLY, like 3 or 4 hours before game time, to even have a shot. Mr. Surly probably won't be at his post then either.

+1000

I use this tactic whenever a few buddies bail and we want to drink comfortably instead of our usual tailgating.

it's not going to be that cold out pre game.....

check out chickie flynn's just south of the stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey