Welcome to PatsFans.com

Barney Frank rips off future mortgage borrowers!!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ljuneau, Oct 14, 2008.

1. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Looks like Barney Frank Sliped this One In To The Bailout Bill In The Last Minute! What An Outrage!!!!! For Every $100,000 Dollars that Your Home Is Worth, $420 will go to groups like ACORN. IT WILL BE ON YOUR CLOSING STATEMENT!!!!

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/art...cle/196/16704/
    Congressman Culberson on Glenn Beck - 13-Oct-08: News article: contact Jennifer Naedler
    http://theoilpatchplug.blogtownhall....good_guy.thtml

CONGRESSMAN CULBERSON: There is going to be voter fraud. We don’t know how massive it is but no question, ACORN and other organizations like them are going to be a big part of it because they have pled guilty. I mean, ACORN has literally pled guilty to false — to fraudulent voter registration. And in Houston we discovered there’s about 4,000 dead people on the voter rolls here. It’s going on around the country. We’re the only nation I think on the face of the Earth that doesn’t have a citizenship list, a citizenship roll that you can just check the database against voter rolls, and ACORN has a long history of this, Glenn. And, you know, that’s particularly outrageous is that the mortgage bailout, the Freddie and Fannie Mae bailout bill which was done this August which I also voted against because that nationalized the mortgage industry, that bill, Barney Frank voted language in that bill this summer which hard wires $420 of a $100,000 mortgage to ACORN, La Raza and other organizations like –

GLENN: That’s an outrage. Why didn’t the American people know? That’s an absolute outrage.

CONGRESSMAN CULBERSON: And it is forever. It bypass — I’m on the appropriations committee. It bypasses appropriations, bypasses the congress, it’s in your closing documents. This from day forward we will all be paying 4.2% basis fee of $420 for every $100,000 mortgage in your closing paper will have papers. You’ll have a new little line in there, a new fee that we’re going to all pay to go straight to these affordable housing funds which the states then hard wire to La Raza, ACORN, groups like that.

GLENN: Congressman, what the hell has happened to our country? All of a sudden we are a — we are marching towards Marxism. We are marching to a place that this — congressman, you know it and I know it. You are from Texas. This ain’t gonna hold. This is not going to last.

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

You don't understand the issue. You should read some more balanced info. ACORN is involved in reporting registration applications they suspect are bogus (but still must turn them in by law in many states).

Now try to think of the logic of submitting a fake registration form and then voting. How exactly will that work? Will the crook visit thousands of households with different addresses and collect absentee ballots or will the crooks vote over and over again at various precincts hoping no one recognizes him? You see, the righties think you're stupid and thus, by not posting all the info, are counting on you being fooled. Think it through, and you'll realize the ACORN scandal is not nearly as big a scandal as the righties are portraying it as.

But, then again, they are trying to steal the election, and the first step is in finding a few people who won't think the issue through.

3. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

4.2% of $100,000 is $4200. can't they do math?

unfortunately the only way people will wake up is if times get bad and they feel oppressed. until that happens they will continue with their trivial endeavours and hobbies like traveling sports teams for their kids, vacations, golf lessons, golf, consumption, etc.

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +517 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

And what does any of that have to do with this new .42% "mortgage tax" ?

5. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Is this true?

If so, this is really messed up.

6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,083 / 9 / -20

#87 Jersey

:hijacked: ............[​IMG]............. :hijacked:

thread is about a $420 fee and Patters decides to defend voter fraud ... what's up with that?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +517 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

Next up . . . but we spend more than this going into Iraq :rolleyes:

8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +389 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

I won't contribute .42% to any "cause" just because idiots like Barney Frank want me to. I suggest we all contact our rep's and ask them to repeal this tax immediately.

affordable housing my arse....it's taken me 49 years to afford a house myself! Why haven't I received any donations?

if I had to wait 49 years, so should others.

9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

I was referring to the part about election fraud, which was a large part of the post.

"CONGRESSMAN CULBERSON: There is going to be voter fraud. We don’t know how massive it is but no question, ACORN and other organizations like them are going to be a big part of it because they have pled guilty. I mean, ACORN has literally pled guilty to false — to fraudulent voter registration. And in Houston we discovered there’s about 4,000 dead people on the voter rolls here. It’s going on around the country. We’re the only nation I think on the face of the Earth that doesn’t have a citizenship list, a citizenship roll that you can just check the database against voter rolls, and ACORN has a long history of this, Glenn."

As to the other point, it has been discussed in other threads. The money will go to local and state governments, and yes, they can give the money to various groups. Some liberal local governments might give it to ACORN, but other local governments will give it to other groups. I very much doubt the law requires the money go to ACORN. The point being made by Culberson and Glenn is dishonest and absurd. Did you really fall for it?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +381 / 11 / -28

If you read this, Barney Frank voted it in, was he the only person voting???

Interestingly if you google this it only shows up on RW christian Blogs and of course Glenn Beck it does not reference the actual part of the bill and what bill it actually is.. the one from July or the one from Sept..

I assume the Bill is HR 3221 and just checked out the 237 amendments to it, cannot find Frank's name on any of the amendments... do not trust Barney Frank, nor do I trust Culbertson..

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +541 / 6 / -2

This is outrageous. Why the F do groups like this get our money? Then people wonder why we're broke as a government. Look at how many hands are constantly reaching into the cookie jar. :mad:

12. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

This country is SO FUKCED. The America I love is about to be put on Hospice next month. It's like watching my Grandmother die all over.

I think I'm moving to Canada, that bastian of conservative thoughts and ideas.

Barney Frank should be in FUKCING PRISON for what he did with his Fannie (no, not that one ;) ).

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +541 / 6 / -2

Is Canada where Alec Baldwin moved to, 8 years ago? Or was it 4 year ago, I forget. :p