Welcome to PatsFans.com

Barney Frank - "LEGALIZE IT!!!"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/03/24/barney-frank-to-file-bill-legalizing-marijuana/

Rep. Barney Frank said he plans to file a bill to legalize “small amounts” of marijuana.

Frank announced his plans late Friday on the HBO show “Real Time,” hosted by Bill Maher.

“I’m going to file a bill as soon as we go back to remove all federal penalties for the possession or use of small amounts of marijuana,” Frank, a Massachusetts Democrat, told Maher.

Frank didn’t define “small amounts.” Efforts to reach Frank on Saturday were not immediately successful.

Frank said he’d filed a similar bill in the Massachusetts Legislature in the 1970s, but hasn’t tried since he was elected to Congress.

“I finally got to the point where I think I can get away with it,” he said.

Frank said he thinks “its time for the politicians in this one to catch up to the public. The notion that you lock people up for smoking marijuana is pretty silly.”

2. DropKick Flutie

DropKick Flutie On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Good for him. I don't think the bill will pass, but it will be a start. It's about time we get out of the stone age (pun intended) and legalize it once and for all.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

It's comical in this day and age that the Government still thinks it can force the people to do what it thinks is best for them.

Barney is on the right track but millions of Pot Smokers could care less, they have plenty of it growing in their attic and if they don't all they have to do is walk to the nearest playgroung or school yard, there are kids in there that will sell you anything you want.

The greasy drug pushers love America, their product is pouring in from all sides and the American people are lapping it all up, Americans love their drugs, Fernadez, Santiago, Miguel & Leroy are right there to take care of them.
    Good Luck To Them, they're making Billions because of our stupid "prohibition laws"

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

Harry, if Barney gets it legalized Billy Blue Dress can start inhailing it, he just blows it out through his nose now because he doesn't want to break the law.

The Clintons:
    Where have all our dear friends gone
    Long time passing
    The Answer my friend is blowing in the wind

:bricks:

5. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I believe the Italian mob was/is in on that as well, Harry. No?