Welcome to PatsFans.com

Barney Frank is an A.H.!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Dec 20, 2008.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +551 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Ok....they've finally done it! Our tax dollars are actually going to be used to "Forgive" principal on "struggling" home owners. Here's the quote from Bloomberg;

"Lawmakers will agree to release the funds in exchange for Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Obama agreeing to programs that cut interest rates and forgive a portion of a mortgage’s principal, House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank said in a telephone interview yesterday."

I'm sitting here shaking my head. So does this mean that someone who LIED about their income and is making $40K and living in a $400,000 home can now own that home?

What bothers me the most is our gov't using MY tax dollars to allow people to own homes that DO NOT DESERVE TO OWN A HOME. Mr AH Frank will try to tell us it's for the greater good of us all because this will stem the tide of real estate price declines. My reply is "NO, IT WON'T" Not when our unemployment rate is soaring and getting higher every month.

What a frikkn' wast of tax dollars.

Hey everybody, let's pass the hat so these poor poeple can stay in their homes! Even though they were stupid in the first place.

Hey, who wants to have their principal reduced? All you have to do is miss some payments and you're all set!

PURE BULLSH1T!!

2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So, you're finally catching the drift to what Barney and company are all about: total re-distribution of all wealth in America, but with ZERO standards. Giving property away for nothing only makes the property -- even if it started as a nice -- become worth nothing. When people don't take care of things, those things will end up in the sh!tter.

Without a clear sense of values for people and things, re-distributing wealth only dumbs down everything to the level of Ricki Lake and that other guy who used to be on TV. The pits.

The Madoff outrage is another manifestation of the same thing: like Frank, Madoff is a self-appointed "master" who lives like he knows what's best for everyone, yet who, like Frank, is utterly clue-less as to what is right and what is wrong. The inmates took over the asylum long ago.

//

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  3. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0

PR, Welcome to the realization......... The view unfortunatly is still pretty shzitty from here too. :rolleyes:

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +892 / 7 / -3

Are you at all surprised dude? The "greater good" is a phrase people should always be wary of.

5. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +551 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Hmmmm....are you implying something here RW.

You KNOW "the greater good" can actually be the right thing to do in some cases, but not when it rewards idiocy and irresponsibilty. As it will in this case.

As much as you and I argue/debate, I think we agree on a lot more than we disagree.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,110 / 3 / -10

I'm so proud of you.

I saw The Light
    I saw The Light
    Praise The Lord I saw The Light

No More Darkness
    No More Night
    Praise The Lord
    I saw The Light

President Barack Hussein Obama is starting to come around also, the reason you can tell that Obama is starting to see the light is that Dick Cheney & Newt Gingrich are falling in love with him.

Great TV watching (news) for the next four years, lots of laughs.

"Hey loons, Barry isn't what you thought he was going to be------:singing:

NOW ALL WE NEED IS THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND WE WILL BE ALL SET

7. Real World

Ratings:
    +892 / 7 / -3

The "greater good", especially when used by an entity like the gubmit, is extremely dangerous. Who's "good" is it first of all, and when you've approved of that as a means of justification, where & when does the "greater good" end?

Another one of my favorites is what I call "save the children". It's when people toss out the word "children" to thwart reality.

8. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +551 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Hey, don't play "with our childrens' future!" :D;)

I know what you mean...the old guilt trip.

9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Oh I dunno, maybe when the recession ends?:rolleyes:

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +892 / 7 / -3

It's stupidity is what it is. Virtually everyone cares about kids. However, just cuz kids are involved, it doesn't mean that people should ignore reason. When someone wants to insert reason into a certain discussion, the insults start flying about how said person doesn't care about kids. Save the children!

11. Real World

Ratings:
    +892 / 7 / -3

Have you seen my baseball?
    [​IMG]