Welcome to PatsFans.com

Barney Frank hasn't learned a thing. Out of his mind ... he's GOT to go!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

As if an economy living on life support were not enough, Congressman Barney Frank (D-MA), Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, says that recently resuscitated Fannie May and Freddie Mac should "loosen their lending rules" to allow buyers with poor credit to get other peoples' money, yet again.

This is insane. Absolutely 100% Twilight Zone crazy. This guy hasn't got clue one as to what he did wrong to begin with, and has not learned that changing the rules destroys the system at its root.

Barney Frank has GOT to go. He is destroying what's left of a severely weakened economic system in the United States.

[size=+4]Fannie, Freddie asked to relax condo loan rules: report[/size]

(Reuters) - Two U.S. Democratic lawmakers want Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to relax recently tightened standards for mortgages on new condominiums, saying they could threaten the viability of some developments and slow the housing-market recovery, the Wall Street Journal said.

In March, Fannie Mae (FNM.N)(FNM.P) said it would no longer guarantee mortgages on condos in buildings where fewer than 70 percent of the units have been sold, up from 51 percent, the paper said. Freddie Mac (FRE.P)(FRE.N) is due to implement similar policies next month, the paper said.

In a letter to the CEO's of both companies, Representatives Barney Frank, the chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, and Anthony Weiner warned that a 70 percent sales threshold "may be too onerous" and could lead condo buyers to shun new developments, according to the paper.

Fannie, Freddie asked to relax condo loan rules: report | Reuters

And the Chinese just love it. As do the Russian mafia types. All good news for them.

//
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +347 / 3 / -13

I live in Frank's district but didn't vote for him. I don't even care who I voted for as long as Barney didn't get my vote. The guy can't even talk right. :rolleyes:
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +925 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

He has jaw tendinitis from tea bagging.
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Barney Frank is the single worst disaster to hit Congress in America's history. He gets the kids gloves treatment 'cause he "outed" himself. Even letting one of his one-night stands run a homosex brothel out of his house didn't get him kicked out of the House. Bad, bad move, U.S. Congress. Now he's hell bent on destroying what's left of America's financial structure.

Totally incompetent. Malfeasance beyond acceptable bounds. Fwank needs to go, as soon as possible.

//
  5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The old Mass state mental hospital grounds sat empty for decades. This was a huge empty area for an area inside a major city, maybe a combined 12 Football fields. About 5 or 6 years ago they decided to put affordable homes there. Now this particular place is mostly finished and occupied but if someone could explain to me why the place should be 70% full before its allowed to take its first Fanny/Freddy customer when the whole point was to put people of limited means into all the homes I'd be greatly appreciative.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Awwww, shiit. Now *all* the stay-at-home, welfare-pulling, retired union drones, and other assorted no-workers have awakened for their noon feeding, and are starting to infest the board again. :nooo:

Oh, well. No time for slumming today...

:singing:.....................:singing:..........................:singing:

:yeeha:

//
  7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +347 / 3 / -13

The idea of putting "people of limitted means" into affordable housing is a HUGE part of what got us into the economic mess we're in. I'm referring to those who received mortgages when they probably shouldn't have. I'm not talking about gov't subsidized housing or renters. The LAST thing I want to see are such people receiving mortgages all over again. Either you make enough to qualify or you don't. No special treatment for anyone. If you can't afford to buy, then you must rent. That's life.

This concept of putting people into nice homes when they don't have much money makes absolutely no sense. Why would some people with limitted income deserve a nice home while other low income people have to live in substandard housing?

Can anyone explain that?
  8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The explanation is that Foggy and his ilk have managed to beat a lie into your subconscious. F and F loans didn't start defaulting excessively until everybody else's did too. No matter how many times Foggy screams that Fanny and Freddy caused the recession, its still going to be a lie. The question is are you gonna be duped by him or not?
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

OOOPS!!! Caught you again!! Liar, liar, pants on fire!! :nooo:

I never said Fannie and/or Freddie caused any recession, depression, or financial holocaust. Never even hinted at it. You be making up shiit on that.

What I have said all along is: when the basic rules of mortgage lending were partitioned into two separate sets of rules -- one for the "needy", and another for the "not needy" -- then it was only a matter of time for (A) the "needy" base to expand like a plague of locusts that filled the land; and (B) the unscrupulous would find loopholes in the "needy" rules to include themselves, which we saw happening every night during the late 80s and well into the 90s (and maybe beyond) on late night cable TV, where all the "real estate instant millionaires" would sell their schtick to thousands more devils' disciples each week.

And, of course, the ones who opened the door for all of this mortgage malfeasance was Jimmy Carter and his Dem-dominated Congress, all the succeeding Dem-dominated Congresses, and through to Bill Clinton and his Dem-dominated Congresses through the Frankenstein they created in the "Community Re-investment Act" (CRA).

Here, let's review it:

YouTube - Burning Down The House: What Caused Our Economic Crisis? Bombshell
    YouTube - Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial and housing crisis; meltdown
    YouTube - Coulter on Bailout Lies -- "Social Justice" Obamination

The truth will NOT go away, no matter how many times you try to deny it. The flat-earth society learned that the hard way.

//
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Barney Fwank sucks so bad. He needs to be replaced as soon as possible. Each day he does more harm to America than 9/11 ever did. He has to go.

//
  11. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You have officially reached a new low...
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You think so?? Let's make a little bet: I say nothing Barney Frank has ever stood for will exist in America in 100 years. Nothing, not his leftwing view of the world, not his homosex lifestyle, not his Orwellian logic that the way to "fix" the mortgage system in America is to destroy it, .... NOTHING he stands for will be around for our great-grandchildren to have to deal with.

He's freaking fossil of all that was wrong in history. He is the embodiment of evil itself.

//