Welcome to PatsFans.com

Barack Obama and Rick Warren- Whats going on

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by 3 to be 4, Dec 24, 2006.

1. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

After watching a very impressive sounding interview with "Purpose Driven Life" author Pastor Rick Warren, im convinced that the reason he is speaking all over the place, and basically saying the same things as Barack Obama, is that these two are going to run together in 2008.

Warren, a hero to some in the Evangelical movement, is, in fact, watering down the Gospel with his contant political involvement, a "compassionate" version of 1988 Pat Robertson. His trip to Syria was a sure sign of what a menace he is. Although his words make lots of sense, whats behind it is a distraction to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Christians are not supposed to be focused on the political, but on Christ.

Obama, who claims to be Christian, is in fact a 2 year Senator with a very muddled spiritual background who is banking on his charisma to fuel his ambitions. He is reaching out to religious voters. And has worked with Warren to this end.

Wherever Warren goes, Obama is mentioned. Obama speaks at Warrens Saddleback church, and they both talk basically the same, attractive message.

While the message is attractive, their ambition, and use of false religion is very remindful of the warnings in scripture of the false prophets that will appear at the end times.

So if you see an Obama-Warren ticket in 2008, dont be surprised, remember where you heard it first, and if you are Christian, run, do not walk, in the other direction.

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +814 / 26 / -33

That would be interesting, but what party would fund a ticket viewed as christian?? There are a ton of implications associated with this concept.

3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,281 / 15 / -23

#61 Jersey

Hmm. Seems to me those two wouldn't take kindly to being called "false" Christians as per your judgment. Perhaps they simply interpret the Bible differently, which wouldn't make them any less Christian than you.

4. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

first of all, read more carefully, i used the terms "false religion" and I referred to warnings about "false prophets". I didnt call them "false Christians" did I?

secondly, I would think you would know by now im really not concerned with who takes kindly to what I have to say. The truth sometimes hurts those who are being misguided.

While a Christian, the Gospel of Christ is not aligned to a political movement. And just as I would never vote for a right winger trying to align himself to Jesus in order to get elected, I would be careful about this blatant political attempt by the left to find their niche in the church in order to get elected.

While its important to have strong moral values to lead a nation, and Democrats such as FDR, JFK, and Hubert Humphrey spoke of God often, this sudden attention to God by Barack Obama and the political movement of Rick Warren is just as disturbing as the Falwell,Robertson et al nonsense the GOP has married over the last generation.

Give me John Edwards on the left or John McCain toward the right anyday.

Keep Jesus out of the worldly cesspool of politics. And keep the legislative agenda out of the places of worship.