Welcome to PatsFans.com

Barack don't want daughters punished with a baby.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by cupofjoe1962, Sep 2, 2008.

1. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +120 / 20 / -16

Barack Obama "quote"

I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby

Punished with a baby?

Did he ever hear of adoption?
    Abortion is a selfish act done by selfish people.

Just for the record, I only support abortion in the case or Rape or incest.

Obama sounds like he supports abortion as birth control.

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

You need to take his stament in context
    I believe he also said that he wants to kill all americans under the height of 5 feet....

3. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Uh oh. Dio run!

4. makoute

makoute In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +84 / 2 / -0

Giving up your baby is pretty selfish too.

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

HA!......

The mighty Ronnie James has the height of the silver mountan !

6. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

having sex and getting pregnant is pretty selfish too

so how come they can't exercise a little constraint?

7. cupofjoe1962

Ratings:
    +120 / 20 / -16

Ask Obama about Mom?
    Is Obama's Dad on the deadbeat Dad list?

8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +204 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Choose death

9. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

well let's look at the times they happened. one is happening now where if you want a good life and career you better go to college or learn a trade.

back 4 decades ago if you had a child out of high school it was more accepted IMO. you could get a job in a factory and support your family.

personally i think regardless of times one should wait until their mid 20's. for most the person you are at 17/18 is not the person you are in your mid twenties. hopefully you are more mature. of course there are exceptions.

In the end I don't think palin's daughter's situation should be a hilight. it's just the hot topic.

what we all really want to know is who is the real Sarah Palin? who is this newcomer and is she legit?

for all we know obama's daughters could do the same thing 6 years from now.

all of these politicians probably don't spend enough time with their families and they burn the candle at both ends which is why they age so quickly.

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +824 / 7 / -2

When the alternative is your skull being shop-vac'd, I'd guess adoption isn't all that selfish from the baby's perspective.

11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +479 / 18 / -17

Typical right-wing deceit

Do your homework, cupofjoe. Obama was not talking about abortion. He was talking about the need for sex education. This is the kind of distortion that if made by a liberal would send some of the softer righties off the deep end, as the Palin pregnancy threads did.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200805270004

MARY SNOW (CNN correspondent): Let's go straight to Senator Barack Obama; he just was asked a question about how his administration, if he's elected, would deal with the issue of HIV and AIDS and also sexually transmitted diseases with young girls. Here's Senator Barack Obama.

OBAMA: -- or we give them really expensive surgery and we don't spend money on the front end keeping people healthy in the first place. So, when it comes to -- when it comes specifically to HIV/AIDS, the most important prevention is education, which should include -- which should include abstinence only -- should include abstinence education and teaching that children -- teaching children, you know, that sex is not something casual. But it should also include -- it should also include other, you know, information about contraception because, look, I've got two daughters -- 9 years old and 6 years old. I'm going to teach them first of all about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at the age of 16.

You know, so, it doesn't make sense to not give them information. You still want to teach them the morals and the values to make good decisions. That will be important, number one. Then we're still going to have to provide better treatment for those who do have -- who do contract HIV/AIDS, because it's no longer a death sentence, if, in fact, you get the proper ****tails. It's expensive. That's why we want to prevent as much as possible.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +824 / 7 / -2

He said a baby is punishment no matter how you spin it Patters. WE all know what he meant, and it is consistent with outer fringe of the pro-choice crowd, that views unintended pregnancy's as a reason for abortion. He's pro-choice, and it's his right to feel that way.

13. Patters

Ratings:
    +479 / 18 / -17

Yes, I think many people would agree that a baby is a punishment for a 17-year-old single mom, for instance. After all, in most cases it's very difficult for a single mom to work, go to college, and raise a child.

Obama feels that education is an important part of reducing teenage pregnancies. I gather you oppose education to help prevent teenage pregnancies.

But, I'm glad this issue is being brought up. It's a good segue into talking again about the challenges that Bristol Palin will face because of the failure of abstinence education.

14. cupofjoe1962

Ratings:
    +120 / 20 / -16

Times do change..... I am sure back in 1961 a 17 year old white girl getting knocked up by a black man was a major issue.

Today it would not be an issue.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +970 / 2 / -9

Barack don't want daughters punished with a baby.

It's to bad somebody couldn't of prevented Obama's mother for being punished with him.

16. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +363 / 9 / -13

I have 2 adopted children. I assure you they are happy their birth mothers didn't kill them. My wife was adopted. She (and I _ are very happy her birth mother gave her up for adoption, instead of murdering her.

17. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,775 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

It's a challenge that all good and honest humans make the best of ... because there is no greater joy than being a parent in this world.

18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +703 / 20 / -30

Except when they become teenagers.. not sure about this statement though.. there are a lot of ups and downs, they do bring joy.. but it is a marathon.. been caring for kids for just about 35 years now, it can get tiring.

19. Patters

Ratings:
    +479 / 18 / -17

Oh, I agree. My 30 year old niece, who is a single mom with a 9 year old, loves her son more than anything (and he's a truly wonderful kid), and it looks like in another year she'll finally complete her nursing degree requirements and be able to hold something other than a low-paying job (and maybe be able to afford her own rent). It's a joy, but it would have been better if she had a husband or waited until she was in a better financial situation. Gee, I'm starting to sound a little like a pre-Palin Republican!

20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +703 / 20 / -30

How does this reconcile with:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008