PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Banta-Cain was McGinest like today - Give him some love

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Tully was pressing from the outside edge all day causing Chad to make quicker throws than he wanted to and got to him several times,Also was in on some run stopping plays against the RB Washington - Looked a bit like Willie today...A nice game for the unheralded OLB - Gonna need his best ever against LT,I think he will do fine next week

Can't, too many people assured me he sucked and the D would suffer with his presence - I can't doubt their wisdom now!

Funny enough, he made Ferguson look like a chump today. Not bad for a 7th rounder on a 4th overall pick.

Can't, too many people assured me he sucked and the D would suffer with his presence - I can't doubt their wisdom now!

I've always been a TBC fan. I just thought he needed some playing time. Hope we can keep him.

i always liked banta cain and happy he had a good game.

Tully has shown flashes of brilliance at times. Hopefully he'll become a more consistant player as he gains more starting experience. He certainly has the talent and ability to be a very good player in this system.

Tully has shown flashes of brilliance at times. Hopefully he'll become a more consistant player as he gains more starting experience. He certainly has the talent and ability to be a very good player in this system.

Isn't he a FA?

I cant help but think that he's better suited as a 4-3 DE for a D like Indy or Seattle than he is as a 3-4 OLB in our scheme. He's got great pass rush skills, but I think he struggles at times to contain the run and hold the edge. He's best on 3rd down and long. Not as good on 1st and 10.

Yes. Either restricted or UFA, I'm not sure which, but his contract is up.
He's unrestricted. Whether or not we sign him, we've had good value out of him today. No dropoff IMO from Willie to TBC (after accounting for the position switch with Colvin).

TBC had a good day no doubt. But it's a little early to make the comparisons to Willie. Next game is a big test against SD and LT.

Last edited:
Defensive player of the game. And well earned! This FA thing is really getting to suck. Lets worry about that after the Pro Bowl.

Props to theose who saw potential in TBC and attempted to quiet the Willie doomsters

Last edited:
100% correct. We lost WMG and now we are doomed. TBC will be inadequate to fill the OLB shoes until the day he leaves. At that time he will be elevated to Superstar Status and the Pats will be doomed because they lost him.

Those are the rules.

100% correct. We lost WMG and now we are doomed. TBC will be inadequate to fill the OLB shoes until the day he leaves. At that time he will be elevated to Superstar Status and the Pats will be doomed because they lost him.

Those are the rules.
Somehow Man-Law doesn't seem the right expression for these rules...though the people making them often appear to be on par with the men of the square table.

TBC had a good day no doubt. But it's a little early to make the comparisons to Willie. Next game is a big test against SD and LT.
No comparison is right. Who would you give a five-year contract to play OLB? WMG or TBC?

Forget replacing Willie, TBC has been a fine starter since Seau went down, and our defense has not missed a beat in his presence.

If we have an opportunity to upgrade the position through free agency with someone like Fletcher I'm of course all for it, but if we bring in TBC as opening day starter in '07, I will be fully confident in him.

Forget replacing Willie, TBC has been a fine starter since Seau went down, and our defense has not missed a beat in his presence.

If we have an opportunity to upgrade the position through free agency with someone like Fletcher I'm of course all for it, but if we bring in TBC as opening day starter in '07, I will be fully confident in him.

Our D was much better with Seau... I miss him lots.

I'm very happy with TBC's play.

Hate to buck the tide, but he's Willie McGinest like I'm Brad Pitt.

And I'm pretty cute.:p

He is a young guy and he has improved alot last 2 yrs after the DE to OLB conversion.Give him a decent contract and look him improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes