PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Banta-Cain signs with 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWelker

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
--Linebacker Tully Banta-Cain and the 49ers are very close on a contract agreement. Banta-Cain, a former standout at Cal, visited with the 49ers on Monday. An announcement could come later in the day.

"We're working it out," said Jim Sims, Banta-Cain's Oakland-based agent.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=517030

Last edited:
Re: TBC to Niners almost done

i hope he gets like 20 mil guaranteed so everyone goes ape****

good for him. i wanted him gone. im sure somebody will slam for saying that, but i was never that impressed...guessing b.b. wasnt either, or he wouldve signed him.

good for him. i wanted him gone. im sure somebody will slam for saying that, but i was never that impressed...guessing b.b. wasnt either, or he wouldve signed him.
As a situational pass rusher I liked him a lot. As a full time LB . . . well, there's a reason we signed Seau last year.

As a situational pass rusher I liked him a lot. As a full time LB . . . well, there's a reason we signed Seau last year.

agreed. i guess im a fan of the 3 down l.b.

He's heading home. He's from Sunnyvale and the 49ers practice in nearby Santa Clara. I'm sure he's looking forward to playing for his hometown team...especially since he's already got two rings (and is not likely to get any more).

Regards,
Chris

He'd be a nice fit for San Fransisco. They desperately need a pass rusher...

Sirius NFL Radio had him pegged for St. Louis. Obviously, they were wrong...

I wouldn't be surprised if he thrives in his hometown. Good pickup for the 49ers, he's not needed here. Always liked him though, and had high hopes for him.

Going! Going! Gone!

I'm always happy for players who get to settle back in their hometowns. I lived near Santa Clara for five years, and nice as it was I never felt natural there. I'm sure it works both ways.

Tully, you were a heck of a 7th-round pick. Happy trails.

He was ok, nothing special. Had some real good games, and had some bad ones. Ultimately, he's nothing more than a situational player on a good team. He can't play inside at all, so on this team, with so many outside and down players, he's expendable. Servicable guy, but nothing to cry over. Especially when you just signed AD. :rocker:

It is now official.

49ers | Team signs Banta-Cain
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:41:36 -0800

ESPNews reports the San Francisco 49ers have signed free-agent LB Tully Banta-Cain (Patriots). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Slam? No. Disagree as to his performance, yes. I wish TBC well and hope he lands a substantial contract to help offset the FA signings the Pats have made - I do like comp picks - but the various people who call him a one dimensional pass rusher are 180 out from what I saw on tape. I hope young Woods coverage skills are getting a lot of work, the Pats need the depth after this loss, and it is a loss.

I wish Tully well on his return to the Bay Area and look forward to seeing him during the season.

I wish Tully well on his return to the Bay Area and look forward to seeing him during the season.

We play in SF during the '08 season. This year we're playing the NFC East.

Does anybody know when schedules come out?

When does the GM read his statement saying this was the guy they wanted all along?

Re: Tully Banta-Cain signed with the 49ers

Official? Link? Well, he will finish his development elsewhere. Goodbye TBC!

Re: Tully Banta-Cain signed with the 49ers

Good Riddens I wish him best of luck. We have Adalius now and I lost faith in him totally as a every down LB after the Chargers Game he was thrashed left and right. Dont get me wrong I appreciate his contributions in all 3 champsionship runs. He was due to land elsewhere though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down