PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Banta Cain and Maroney comment on Hard Knocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I hope those two get SMOKED in the next practices for opening their yappers.

Patriots keep their GD mouths shut.

Okay, I hope those two get SMOKED in the next practices for opening their yappers.

Patriots keep their GD mouths shut.

What exactly did they say that warrants them getting "smoked" by the team?

Those look to me like no-comment comments, basically. Right out of the handbook. The Maroney quote doesn't back up the writer's spin that he says the Jets' comments make the Pats eager to face them. Just NY media pandering to their salivating Jets-fan audience.

Completely harmless.

In Your Opinion

And mine.

They basically said "they have belief - but games are won on a Sunday". That was Bruschi's mantra for 13 years.

They've said nothing even remotely controversial. You've been suckered in by the headline and the resultant (laughable) commentary.

In Your Opinion

OK then, if you feel otherwise show me one comment by either of them that wasn't straight from BB's book of media mantras. The story didn't match the headline. But of course, this is the N.Y. Post we're talking about.

For the record, I have a problem with them a) saying anything about the Jets to the damn Post, and 2) going out of the way to say, repeatedly, that you don't care what the Jets do, instead of, I dunno, actually not caring.

Edit: I just realized that I went points "a" then "2." I'm leaving it in because it amuses me.

Last edited:
For the record, I have a problem with them a) saying anything about the Jets to the damn Post, and 2) going out of the way to say, repeatedly, that you don't care what the Jets do, instead of, I dunno, actually not caring.

Erm, have you considered they may have been posed these questions at a press conference or when giving interviews at practice?

Do you think they phoned the Post up screaming "ZOMG, we hate da Jetz"?

They said nothing remotely confrontational or controversial. Total non-story.
There's absolutely nothing inflammatory toward the Jets at all. People trying to draw that conclusion from the supplied quotes of Banta-Cain and Maroney is outrageous.

Last edited:
There's absolutely nothing inflammatory toward the Jets at all. People trying to draw that conclusion from the supplied quotes of Banta-Cain and Maroney is outrageous.

Not inflammatory at all. I agree.

Now look at the headline.

Edit: I just realized that I went points "a" then "2." I'm leaving it in because it amuses me.

1. I would agree, if they talked to the Post. But. ...
b. THese sound like generic comments made to assembled media, and maybe only the Post thought they were worthwhile. Rally the home base and all.

1. I would agree, if they talked to the Post. But. ...
b. THese sound like generic comments made to assembled media, and maybe only the Post thought they were worthwhile. Rally the home base and all.

Maybe I should have substituted "to the Post" with "within ten blocks of the Post."

Erm, have you considered they may have been posed these questions at a press conference or when giving interviews at practice?

Do you think they phoned the Post up screaming "ZOMG, we hate da Jetz"?

Don't care. The answers sucked.

"We care about what the New England Patriots do." It works for everything.

Post: Maroney, what do you think about Brady's contract situation?
Maroney: I think that is between him, his agents, and the Patriots. It's not my place to comment on it.

This just in, Maroney tells the Post that Brady is going to hold out until he gets a new 50 million a year deal!

Seriously, what a garbage article.

I never thought the NY Post would sink to such depths!

Um, guys....

Post: Maroney, what do you think about Brady's contract situation?
Maroney: I think that is between him, his agents, and the Patriots. It's not my place to comment on it.

This just in, Maroney tells the Post that Brady is going to hold out until he gets a new 50 million a year deal!

Seriously, what a garbage article.

Exactly. If you don't give them a quote that can be interpreted or used to craft a catchy headline, you did it right. They didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes