PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Banned from Chargers.com Board!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you've noticed, no one can even register there now. I get the message that saus registration has been disabled by administrator. I guess they are waiting until the team wins another game.

BTW Shmessy, does this board ever disable it's registration as I stated that Chargers.com has done today?

Someone did it the other day at the height of "the incident"....too many members online, the board was about to crash.

Shmess, let me know if I can help you out again, buddy! :D

I did not mention "racism" and "racism" is not an issue. I have a problem with his bigotry which he has never explained or apologized for. But, that had nothing to do with my post to him on this thread. I never mentioned that he was a bigot on this thread, not once.

He called out mods as hypocrites. If he is going to do that, he should have the guts to name them by name, don't you think? No one baited or called him out to make that post. He did it all on his own.

You atleast named me as troll. That's your opinion and maybe your are content to have a poster who makes bigoted comments vailed or overt. And BTW, I'm not a mod on this forum.

In the past and in the future I will go after him when he posts things about Bob Kraft or anyone else that are bigoted or if he calls out others. If you think that is harse then complain to Ian about it.

I didn't call you a troll. I said that I normally like your posts. Come on now....

And a mod is a mod. The exact forum doesn't matter as to how you should behave.

popcorn.gif

If you've noticed, no one can even register there now. I get the message that saus registration has been disabled by administrator. I guess they are waiting until the team wins another game.
Smart move. The posters on that board ran roughshod over the Pats and Belichick.

I suspect most of the really nasty stuff comes from much younger posters who love the fray.

Too bad how a few jerks can ruin an entire board for everyone.

Question for members & mod's...

I received a PM from "football4ever", a member of our site who is a Chargers fan and they asked me to relay the fact that they are unable to post on our board.

Is this true? And if yes, why?

Last edited:
Over the past 2 weeks, I have been defending the Patriots and coach Belichick on the Charger's official fan site under the name HumblePat. I did it with a lot of tongue in cheek commentary and a lot of respect under their brutal assault and hate filled attacks.

A lot of their fans gave me props for staying there and taking it. And some fans even said I was making some good points. But about 15 minutes ago as I was surfing their site & out of the blue, I got this message:

Pretty sad in my opinion.
they are the biggest bunch of ****ies over there .i got banned last year just for joining i didnt make one post.they said they had enough gloating from pats fans so i got banned.how pathetic is that .

wow i will admit that is a pretty lame excuse to ban someone, humblepat (or whatever your name was) was a pretty good poster i thought.

although "patriotsreign" also rings a bell, didn't you get banned under that screen name as well?

from the message you got, it sounds like LT is managing the board.

I haven't read the entire thread, but I wanted to say that I was banned from the same site. I was scanning their game day thread to enjoy their dismay. After Cromartie got called for PI, I posted that I agreed with them that it was a bad call. I also posted some remarks about cameragate. NOTHING confrontational. Then I posted a remark when some fan of their said they were losing the game because SD was giving the game away. I responded that he was delusional. That the Pats were TAKING the game.

Then I noticed I had an PM. In it was a warning about "trolling". As I was responding to the message, very politely BTW, I got a noticed I was banned for the rest of the month.

Clearly on their main board, all they want are charger fans.

Its pretty weak. The best conversations are when fans from other teams come to talk. Yeah, you have to endure some pure smack, but for the most part you also get a point of view that you can't get just among Pats fans.

Last edited:
I haven't read the entire thread, but I wanted to say that I was banned from the same site. I was scanning their game day thread to enjoy their dismay. After Cromartie got called for PI, I posted that I agreed with them that it was a bad call. I also posted some remarks about cameragate. NOTHING confrontational. Then I posted a remark when some fan of their said they were losing the game because SD was giving the game away. I responded that he was delusional. That the Pats were TAKING the game.

Then I noticed I had an PM. In it was a warning about "trolling". As I was responding to the message, very politely BTW, I got a noticed I was banned for the rest of the month.

Its pretty weak. The best conversations are when fans from other teams come to talk. Yeah, you have to endure some pure smack, but for the most part you also get a point of view that you can't get just among Pats fans.
I posted something in the Game Day thread and got a warning telling me only Charger fans could post in the Game Day thread.

wow i will admit that is a pretty lame excuse to ban someone, humblepat (or whatever your name was) was a pretty good poster i thought.

although "patriotsreign" also rings a bell, didn't you get banned under that screen name as well?

No, I've never used this name on any other board...although I did see an old post by a PatriotsRiegn which is a different person and one that did not know how to spell

I responded that he was delusional.

I got a noticed I was banned for the rest of the month.

I guess so, and it's their board, so they get to set the rules. Funny, they are talking about their team, and they don't like fans from other teams telling them they are delusional.

If only we would ban our trolls for stuff like that.

Even insulting them as you did, the problem probably isn't you. It's the morons that behave like, well, morons. Like some of the trolls we get here. We try to talk about what the film might be used for, and six trolls post: "He's a cheater. Deal with it. You're in denial. Your SB wins are tainted.'

Kind of makes it hard to talk about the nuances of a topic when jerks are hitting you with a two by four.

Perhaps if no one acted like a jerk, sites would welcome visiting players.

But just like in a barrel of apples, two or three rotten ones makes you leery of all of them.

Too bad the Chargers board doesn't have a place for visiting fans the way we do, but then, visiting "fans" are all over our board, so that is hardly a solution.

I say we fight fire with fire, and boot out any Jets/Charger/Colt fans who tell us we are delusional, or post other insults.

jerks.....

I can honestly say that banning someone who is being on the level and respectful while arguing an unpopular viewpoint is the sign of a website whose Mods/Admin have lost control of their emotions and have had the internet equivalent of a nervous breakdown.
And it is level-headed and respectful for you to insult them personally because they have the audacity to run their board by their rules, not the way you run ours?

What a load of the stuff that makes grass grow very green.

They have defined the board they want, and have taken steps to make sure that they have that board. They are in complete control.

Mods who let other fans dictate the course of discussions have lost some control of the board.

The Charger mods have full control of their board. That is what they want.

You do not have full control of this board. But that is what you want. So you should be happy. If you are not, take action, but stop complaining that mods on other boards are effectively managing their board to align with what they want.

It isn't what you want, no. But it is what they want. Try to understand the difference, and you won't be so upset with them and feel the need to insult them for knowing what they want, and taking the steps to get it.

yeah they (the chargers.com mods) openly admit they don't want rival fans in the game day threads.

but honestly, if you have seen them you would understand why, calling those threads a "trainwreck" is a huge understatement.

i haven't viewed or posted in any of the game day threads in a long time, they are brutal and with the addition of rivals fan, i can imagine how stressful that would be for the mods.

not saying it is right but i understand why they do it, they should just make a new forum that only allows certain members to post in, that way they don't have to ban rival fans just to keep order.

I have been banned from that place more times than I can count.

Matter of fact...im going to go troll on those Hippies right now, just for the the hell of it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes