PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Banks: With Brady as his co-pilot, Cassel has tools to succeed with Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Banks:With Brady as his co-pilot, Cassel has tools to succeed with Patriots

Drew wore a headset all through 2001. Sometimes that's just to listen in, other times it's a backup or mentor QB relaying in the plays rather than the OC. Some OC's sit in the booth and some stand on the sidelines. I believe we position Ernie in the box...

Brady can do a lot of scouting and film work for and with Matt. I doubt he'd be as vocal in game. Too many voices and all... More likely he'd be in communication with Bill and Josh in game and let them filter his observations first.

And no, NEM, he's not going to be the new defacto OC...:D

There was a scene from the Americas Game 2001 DVD where Tom asks Drew to call in the plays to him and Drew says sarcastically 'sure, I'm a great coordinator' then they go on through what plays Tom likes and what he doesn't and Drew says something like 'you just want to pass alot so you get on TV don't you?' It's a cool little bit.

Re: Banks:With Brady as his co-pilot, Cassel has tools to succeed with Patriots

I just noticed something. Look closely at this picture. It appears that Brady is already wearing a knee brace on his left knee...

t2.pats.gy.jpg

1. Am I seeing things or is that a knee brace?

2. If it is, did Brady always wear a knee brace?

Mike,

Not to be a Monday Morning Quarterback, but I always wondered why Brady never wore a knee brace. It isn't like he is Michael Vick (thank God)! Perhaps the injury could have been avoided or limited.

Say hello to Gary for me,
Jim Medeiros

A: Okay, I'll nibble on this one just a bit. I know Brady has worn the brace at various points in his career, even though it might not have been totally necessary. At those times, the team wanted Brady to have extra stability on his front leg. Maybe they’ll get back to that next year. Oh, Hi Ger-Bear!

http://weei.com/Patriots-Mailbag--Where-Matt-Cassel-Meets-Linda-Ev/2945812

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back