PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Banks on Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironwasp

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I was totally blown away by Laurence Maroney's debut - 49 yards on his first two carries! - and unsurprisingly, his performance has not gone unnoticed elsewhere, as this piece shows:

Don Banks eulogises on Laurence Maroney

This guy lit up the stage last night, and should be a star for years to come. It's only a matter of time before he takes one to the house. And because Corey looked so good too, he should be given the perfect introduction to the NFL, sharing carries with a big work horse. Just can't wait to see him again.

Without a doubt Maroney is the real deal, he will only get better, what I really like is the change of pace for all three of our backs and how they can be used to change the pace of the game. As time goes on, they will keep the defense more and more honest, and give Brady more time.

Agree, and it adds a degree of difficulty for a defense to face the dramatic style difference between Dillon and Maroney...although Maroney is no slouch when it comes to power running, either. He's got decent weight and bangs pretty hard.

Brilliant move to snatch him from the Colts.
Joseph Addai averaged less than 3 yards a carry last night.
The Colts offense will take a nosedive this year once every team plays them mostly in a nickel package.

To know that Maroney will improve as he gets more comfortable in the NFL is like getting a Christmas present early.

Bertil said:
Eulogizes?

C'mon man, he's not dead...

He's just getting started!
My thought when I saw that word was the same as yours, but I looked it up in the dictionary and actually what it means is to praise a person, especially after his death. So while generally eulogies are for the dead it is not incorrect to use it in praise of a living person!

PromisedLand said:
My thought when I saw that word was the same as yours, but I looked it up in the dictionary and actually what it means is to praise a person, especially after his death. So while generally eulogies are for the dead it is not incorrect to use it in praise of a living person!

Thank you. I was going to respond, but didn't want to come across like an oppressive:eek: grammar nerd.

maverick4 said:
Brilliant move to snatch him from the Colts.
Joseph Addai averaged less than 3 yards a carry last night.
The Colts offense will take a nosedive this year once every team plays them mostly in a nickel package.

"Nosedive" is a strong word to use.. They still have Manning.. next to james leaving, they lost there best LB... They are still an elite team.. But on that note I'm happy we snagged him and the colts didn't have a chance to get him..

ironwasp said:
Thank you. I was going to respond, but didn't want to come across like an oppressive:eek: grammar nerd.
I'll take the hit for that, thank you! :D

This snippit right here says it all:

Two carries, 49 yards, and Maroney was making it look easy. All of last season, New England had just two rushes longer than either of Maroney's first two runs.

Gibroni's first 2 runs were awesome. Does anyone have a video clip of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes