PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Banks: Brady probably playing hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Banks:Brady probably playing hurt

I've seen him on TV recently (yesterday) running with apparent agility, running sprints (admittedly he's not too fast), etc. I like Banks, generally, but does he have evidence to back this up or is he just pulling a Felger (God, I hate even typing that name), namely throwing some stuff up against the wall hoping some will stick?

It's all smoke and mirrors. That was not Brady it was an animatronic Brady, the real Brady is under Gillette Stadium in a hyperbolic chamber getting Troy Browns right foot attached to his body.

Seriously. I heard it from a guy that knows E. Adams and know a girl who's friends with that Linda Holiday lady.

Ok, but he's a football player. That's a calculated risk that started on draft day. Get his arse out there and let him be Tom Brady. He isn't a frikkin' Royal Doulton.

That's what we're discussing. If it's just a matter of playing hurt, then I everyone would agree with you and Brady would be the first to agree. If it's a matter of playing with something that's more than "hurt," but an injury that has to heal or it will get worse or maybe jeapordize what Brady can do for the rest of the year or beyond, then that's another thing.

This Preseason has given us all a pretty good idea of what this Offense is like without Brady and so they should be careful. We're not talking about some guy who barely made the cut after draft day and who is worried about being cut now or sent to the practice squad.

dude your premise is a little off as Barry's running literally carried (pun intended) them into many playoff games the rest of the crapy team in turn left him with like a 1 and 7 playoff record. One man as good as barry can carry a team to the playoffs but not thru it (maybe a QB can).

Takeo should have carried the Bengals to the playoffs, then?

The point is that it takes 53 guys to make a team succeed and saying that because one team didn't make the playoffs every player on that team was horrible is silly.

Here's a better example: Vincent Brown sucked because the Patriots struggled when he was on the team.

Takeo should have carried the Bengals to the playoffs, then?

The point is that it takes 53 guys to make a team succeed and saying that because one team didn't make the playoffs every player on that team was horrible is silly.

Here's a better example: Vincent Brown sucked because the Patriots struggled when he was on the team.
You take that back about the Undertaker, you take that back right now. Vincent Brown NEVER sucked and had the coolest neck in the history of necks. You take that back! :snob:

You take that back about the Undertaker, you take that back right now. Vincent Brown NEVER sucked and had the coolest neck in the history of necks. You take that back! :snob:

I'm still bummed that Brown retired before we had any success with Parcells. Yeah his knees were gone but the man deserved a chance to go to the playoffs.

I'm still bummed that Brown retired before we had any success with Parcells. Yeah his knees were gone but the man deserved a chance to go to the playoffs.

He was Ted Johnson before there was a Ted Johnson; the Undertaker would just flat out lay a hit on you coming through the middle. Not the most lithe athlete but I always enjoyed watching them focus on him during games, he just always seemed to be playing hard.

It's all smoke and mirrors. That was not Brady it was an animatronic Brady, the real Brady is under Gillette Stadium in a hyperbolic chamber getting Troy Browns right foot attached to his body.

Seriously. I heard it from a guy that knows E. Adams and know a girl who's friends with that Linda Holiday lady.
I've got a hunch that being friends with Linda H. is probably a very good thing...

Let's tally up the available evidence...

Evidence of Brady's having an injured foot:

- Didn't take a snap in preseason
- Had an MRI on his foot
- Has acknowledged having an injured foot

Hmm. Call me crazy, but I'm convinced.

How hurt, exactly? Well, given the player's and team's history on matters like this, it is totally reasonable to treat their vague statements about injuries like MapQuest estimates of driving time in Boston: take whatever they say and double it. So mark me down on the side of "can't argue with Banks on this one." We all hope he's fine, but I'll believe it when I see him planting and throwing a perfect long TD to Moss.

Doesn't every player in the NFL play hurt, way to go out on a limb by Banks.

imagine if brady had hyped up his injuries like favre and played . instead he plays and after the season we find out he has sports hernia.
(sorry cant pass up taking a shot at **** favre :))

Please don't apologize! :D

While we won't ever know much about the specifics of any injury that befalls a member of the hyper-secretive Patriots, history tells us the situation is usually worse than New England is letting on.

Since New England doesn't let on anything (except official injury reports and even that doesn't necessarily mean much), this doesn't tell us anything.

The article is, indeed, all conjecture. But then again, what article on a Patriot injury isn't?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back