Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ban sought on on newly popular, and legal, hallucinogenic drug

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Mar 28, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]
    salvia trip video 1:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jJXb7QFcK0M

video 2:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TfSUjFS_tjQ

video 3:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=T4rDw2Vxjio

video 4:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u6D9olc2Veo

More info:
    http://www.patriotledger.com/news/x2067326135
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

That kid in the first video looked pretty messed up.

I don't see this as something that should be less restricted to young people than say a video game with a tiny amount of sexual content.
  3. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I'm probably opening myself up to ad hominem from the righties on this site, but I've taken Salvia a few (maybe 3 times) at this point and it actually is no joke. If you are going to try and control what so-called "free" people put in their bodies based on the seriousness of their experiences then I'd say salvia ranks up their with LSD and Peyote. Definitely more intense than shrooms, weed or MDMA etc. That is, based on the assumption that there is actually a method to the madness of banning what I am and am not allowed to do to my own person.
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +246 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Great - more **** out there to keep my kids away from so they don't **** themselves up.

Wildo7 - do whatever the hell you like but you only get one life - best not to **** it up with **** you have no clue about.
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, "great", "wonderful" news. More crap to mess us up even more. Like we -- our children, especially -- need more drugs. :bricks:

Now I know why the doomsdayers, the end-of-the-worlders, the climate-changers, and all other kooks are so confident the world is going to melt, blow up, or be hit by an astroid the size of Alaska: America is totally addicted to drugs.... and dependencies on worthless, hopeless "solutions".

:mad:

//
  6. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

While we are on the subject of legal/illegal drugs, do you know anything about salvia divinorum. They say its more intense then pot and is still legal. I think the plant can be bought on Ebay. Curious if you've had any dealings or know anyone who has had some with this plant.
  7. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Thanks for the advice Dad, but I NEVER put anything in my body without first having researched it thoroughly and weighing the risk involved. I've never been addicted to anything or abused a substance to escape or self-medicate. I'll be attending Georgetown Law in the fall and have never allowed drug use to interfere with any aspect of my life or goals. You've probably lived a very safe, unquestioning life and always done what you've been told to, so the notion that one can responsibly use certain substances for creative exploration and self-examination I'm sure is beyond you. And I'm sure that you've swallowed whole what the government and agenda-driven studies have sold you about drugs, which is probably about 80% horsesh!t. But there's plenty of sh!t out there that you should keep your kids away from instead of take away from everybody else.

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node=The Responsible Drug User's Oath
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +246 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

See . . . those drugs will f*ck you up and make you want to be a lawyer - case closed :D
  9. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

haha touche:D
  10. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +414 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

Wildo7, can you please share more about your experience with this stuff? Duration and type of high, what you felt/saw, etc.?

It's not a "drug," it's a common plant with hallucinogenic properties. Publicizing and criminalizing it is just going to heighten demand among those who shouldn't mess with it in the first place. Hell, I'd never heard of the stuff before today! And sure enough, you can buy it in processed form on eBay. From the research I've been able to gather so far, it's NOT a "party" substance like marijuana and has very short-term (five to 20 minutes) but potentially potent effects. Salvia has been around since humans have been on the planet, and was used ceremoniously by indigenous natives in Mexico. There's no evidence ANYWHERE of it being a health hazard, or of people being admitted to hospitals on bad trips. Apparently, the short-term nature of the buzz is a big mitigating factor, along with reports that effects vary widely from individual to individual. Some feel nothing, others are momentarily incapacitated. Sounds to me like a poor man's LSD.
  11. Bigdogx

Bigdogx Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The stuff is nothing like acid or shrooms, you will not see things or trip out and it last 5 minutes tops! It is over priced and really the high from it if you could even call it that is tame! Once again our government worrying about a non problem while we have people killing each other and getting a whole 3 year sentence because of having no space to house criminals because the do gooders want to make everything they think is bad illegal and throw people in a cell for it!

My personal opinion of the stuff is that it is a waste of money and not worth it at all. Making it illegal to please the do gooders or the parents to lazy to teach their kids right from wrong is ridiculas, we don't have the space to house real criminals as it is, and whats worse cigarettes or salvia, and don't give me the well ones legal ****. Simple answer lets see how many people have been killed or killed someone else because of salvia then lets compare it to packs of marlboro light boxes. Oh that's right i forgot the government makes money hand over fist off people addicted to nicotine so i guess that makes it alright.
  12. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Have you done it? it lasts for only 7-10 minutes but you experience time differently and it can feel like hours. You most certainly do experience extreme visuals, though when you smoke Salvia, it works only 1 in 3 times for many people. But when it does work it is right up there with Acid, DMT etc.
  13. Bigdogx

Bigdogx Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Tried it a total of two times, both felt the sameway, wierd is the best way to describe it. There was also 4 other friends that did it and the only change i could say is that it pretty much made anything that was said funny and made us all laugh are asses off for no reason at all.:D

My friend that picked it up did say they have many different grades of the stuff and the one he got was not the most potent. Still i have done shrooms and acid in my younger days and this stuff is nothing even close to what lsd or shrooms do.
  14. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Because of different people's makeup it often takes a few tries before it works. But when it does you'll definitely know it. I'm not one of those idiots who is duped into tricking myself into saying "I can feel it" when it's just crap, but this is very real and extremely intense and it's also triggered by your environment (a dark room with no sound and lying on your back with your eyes closed will trigger the effects). This site has a lot of good info on it:

http://www.bouncingbearbotanicals.com/
  15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Cut the snake off at the head, start to publicly execute the drug dealers in stadiums or other public gaterings, similar to the "Muslim Stonings" or the other alternative, legalize everything, regulate and control it just as they do with booze, of course your still going to have dummys and a$s holes abusing it, we had winos during the times of Jesus H Christ Almighty, some say Judas was drunk when he ratted on Jesus.

America sure does love it's drugs, what is Prince Obama & Pant Suit Hillarys take on this stuff?

:bricks:
  16. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That sounds pretty much like low grade acid. And yes, I have done lots of the stuff when I was young. Fun times for sure.

Shrooms kick a s s... the natural high.

MANY times I have tried this.

Blue Liberty caps all the way!

My favorite was getting the half ounce blue caps and putting them on a bacon cheeseburger.

OH MY what fun camping "trips" they were... literally.

I've never heard of this new stuff until now.
  17. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So, you want to do this to all of the alphabet agencies, when they are the REAL drug dealers?

So do I...

Booze is just as bad for you as drugs are fwiw...

It all starts with sugar and caffiene.
  18. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'll stick with beer; but I won't support banning this stuff from adults.
  19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +246 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

It seems like every message board I've ever been on has all these people who are, or were, on all kinds of sh!t and swear it's great stuff. With an 8 and 10 year old, I just hope this crap isn't as popular in high schools and it seems like it is. Ah well, I can only do what I can do, I suppose; then it's their life and their choice.
  20. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Now THIS is a bacon cheese mushroom burger!!!!