PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bam trying to be the man....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanBruschi54

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
LINK

Assuming Branch returns, that would mean him, Brown, Reche Caldwell and rookie Chad Jackson have the inside track to be the Patriots top four receivers. That leaves unproven players like Bam Childress, Erik Davis, Michael McGrew, Rich Musinski, Matt Shelton, Zuriel Smith and John Stone battling for the last one or two roster spots.

Out of the group of young receivers currently on the Patriots roster, Childress could be the one who steps out of the crowd and earns a roster spot.

Despite being only 5-10 and 185 pounds, Childress may have a slight advantage over the other receivers because he's had a year in the Patriots system. He spent almost all of last year on the practice squad but was called up for the final game of the season against the Dolphins, catching three passes for 32 yards in his first NFL game.

Now, entering his second season in New England, Childress feels like he's better prepared to make more of a contribution on the field........

Good read on Childress trying to make our last WR roster spot. Some also call him the next Troy Brown now.

Last edited:
or the next Sean Morey

I suspect that Childress has an inside track to make the team, unless a free agent is picked up, in which case he will have a much tougher time.

mgteich said:
or the next Sean Morey

I suspect that Childress has an inside track to make the team, unless a free agent is picked up, in which case he will have a much tougher time.

At worse he will end up back on the PS.

To borrow a phrase from BB .... "the key for Bam is consistentcy".

If Bam can bring a clean ball back to the huddle every time it's thrown to him, he has a chance. In camp last year, he ran fairly well, seemed to know where to go most of the time and was willing to go over the middle.

Now if he can keep the ball off the grass and show a little more in the blocking department, he has a chance.

I'm still expecting another WR pickup before the start of the regular season.

Isn't Bam a returner too?

With 3-way versatility ... a year's familiarity ... a good performance vs Miami ...
and what appears to be the coaches' confidence ...
only 4 guys on the roster can beat him out.

Will Bam make the team? Who knows.

What I do know from watching him in training camp last year (and in the games he did play) is that he is one tough, motivated football player. He made some difficult catches in training camp...he didn't give up on the ball.

He is small...I am not sure just how talented he is.

I do know I loved the way he played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye