Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bam, Bam, Bam Bam, Bam, Bam, BAM!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Box_O_Rocks, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=VideoNewsdetail&pid=26720&pcid=82
  2. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +773 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

Me, I'll hate seeing him in Gang Green colors.
  3. Flying Fungi

Flying Fungi Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

He can't have them both.

No way.

Poteat or Childress.
  4. Flying Fungi

Flying Fungi Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Coach does multiple things with guys like Bam--he serves to show everyone else how important the game is, and how talent alone isn't enough...and gods willing, he makes the team and makes a somersaulting reception and the masses adore him for being the gamer that he is

players like Bam excite me and inspire me
  5. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 6 / -0

Listed at 5'10" on the official roster. Sure, whatever you say. :rolleyes:
  6. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Practice Squad 3rd year OR maybe the 6th receiver..they see a lot in him..U have from the first days of camp 05 when he was signed..
  7. psychoPat

psychoPat Role Player PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Certainly the sentimental favorite!
    Come on, Bam!
  8. Box_O_Rocks

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

It's bad enough that he scarfed up Ventrone too.
  9. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +773 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

I regarded that move as a win for us.
  10. MetalBleachers

MetalBleachers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If Bam gets cut, I don't think he makes the Pats' PS this year. He's worked too hard for too long for other teams to miss snapping him up.

(and yes, I am going for the reverse jinx) ;)
  11. Box_O_Rocks

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I thought that was Chad Jackson? :confused:
  12. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

Bam's a good guy and I definately root for him - though I do question how much he's progressed since last year, as if there was ever a year when he could have made an impact, last year was it, and we didn't see all that much from him.

Part of me wonders if BB does good guys who work hard in camp a favor by talking them up this way, knowing its going to help them catch on somewhere else if he can't find a place for them. It doesn't happen all the time but we have seen situations where coaches cut a guy early specifically to give them a chance elsewhere. I can't help but wonder if that's going to be the case here.

Yes, one takes a chance cutting a guy before one absolutely has to, but its not unnoticed by players when coaches/GMs reward hard working players by giving them a leg up elsewhere in the NFL - that pays dividends in the way players regard a coach as well.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  13. Box_O_Rocks

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Well, that's the dark side. An alternative consideration may parallel the Dante Scarnecchia Big Man Ballet Academy. Bam could just be someone who for lack of playing time in college needed to be developed more before throwing him to the wolves.

The Wes Welker trade may have wounded one of my pet theories, but I don't think it's bled out yet: Bam is Troy's replacement and has been learning on the Practice Squad while waiting for his chance to move up. As BB notes, Bam is a versatile kid, when I watch him in games I always feel I'm looking at a Troy Brown clone. Welker has drawn a lot of comparisons to Troy since he was signed, and I'll have to wait and watch him in the preseason games to start getting a true feel for that comparison, though in watching him as a phin I've not seen the Troy Brown analogy in his style/physical skills, not the way I have to doublecheck the number sometimes with Bam and Troy.

I believe Fast Freddy was turned loose before camp to get a chance to tryout elsewhere. I was sad when Jake Nordin was released, I liked his resume for what BB's TEs do here. Maybe Bam is getting talked up, but I don't have the sense that BB was doing that with this lead in; "I think that Bam is one of our most versatile players. He's done a lot of things for us." Part of the reason some guys stick is they help make the other guys better - Larry Izzo often leads the scout offense as QB. BB may not have been able to find a place for Klecko, and he may not for Bam, but I don't think he's stopped trying, yet.
  14. PatsFan37

PatsFan37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -1

#37 Jersey

That sort of metaphor could inspire a box o' rocks chew toy.

And I imagine coming up with a pet theory like that is no walk in the park. :bricks:
  15. Box_O_Rocks

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Nah, never got to too many parks, but I've seen a bit of red stuff - mostly when the cat bites me for playing too rough.
  16. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -21

The question becomes, can Bam play CB??
  17. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

yes..I think in time he may..in the Miami game of 05..the last game, he did play some corner. We may be seeing a TroyB type player developing.
  18. WhiZa

WhiZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I can see the Jets picking him up, but he was on the PS last year and they didn't go for him so I'm not sure if they will this year either.
  19. captain stone

captain stone Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 25 / -18

No Jersey Selected

My question, as well.

Unless there is a plague of injuries at WR, I just don't think Bam will make it there. DB is a different story, though: injury comebacks, unproven commodities, aging vets...
  20. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Why wouldn't we keep Bam over Washington or Caldwell? Assuming Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Brown, and Gaffney are our top 5 WRs, (with Jackson on PUP/IR) why would we keep Washington or Caldwell to be #6, a designation that will most likely leave them inactive.

Far better to have Bam, or even Kight, fill out that #6 role. They both play on special teams, they both have some long-range potential, and in the case of Bam, he can keep Maroney or Hobbs from returning kicks.

If we keep 6 WRs, or possibly even 5, I think Bam has the best chance to get that role.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2007