PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Baltimore Time Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulThePat

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
In hindsight how big a factor do you think the crazy TO Baltimore called when we were stuffed on 4th down affected our season ? Yes, it helped us to 16-0 but if we'd lost would the following games been less pressure filled and more helpful to the real goal of the SB :eek:

If we'd lost to the Ravens and then against the Giants in week 17 fielded back-ups for 3 quarters would it have affected the post season ? For me there is no doubt the Giants season seem to blast into overdrive on the back of the 16-0 game and maybe if there had been less intensity in that match-up they wouldn't have been the same team in the play-offs. Additionally without the "Perfection" baggage that's hung around our necks all season perhaps we would have been looser in the post-season and may well have won the big prize.

It's all hindsight and second guessing, but yeah............ I think it would have better to lose that game and had gotten the "perfect season" monkey off our backs.

And yeah, without that week 17 game for the Giants, I believe they'd not have "run the table".

in no way do I wish the TO wasn't called. Two reasons why: I would not want the loss to come from the Ravens, instead from a respectable team.

Second, you take what you get and the chance for a perfect season is rare...who knows, a loss to that team might have severely injured the momentum and team spirit.

No loss to the Giants or the Ravens. I'd rather been beaten by the Eagles. Good team that played well against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes