Welcome to PatsFans.com

Baltimore Time Out

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PaulThePat, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulThePat

PaulThePat Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

In hindsight how big a factor do you think the crazy TO Baltimore called when we were stuffed on 4th down affected our season ? Yes, it helped us to 16-0 but if we'd lost would the following games been less pressure filled and more helpful to the real goal of the SB :eek:

If we'd lost to the Ravens and then against the Giants in week 17 fielded back-ups for 3 quarters would it have affected the post season ? For me there is no doubt the Giants season seem to blast into overdrive on the back of the 16-0 game and maybe if there had been less intensity in that match-up they wouldn't have been the same team in the play-offs. Additionally without the "Perfection" baggage that's hung around our necks all season perhaps we would have been looser in the post-season and may well have won the big prize.
  2. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

It's all hindsight and second guessing, but yeah............ I think it would have better to lose that game and had gotten the "perfect season" monkey off our backs.

And yeah, without that week 17 game for the Giants, I believe they'd not have "run the table".
  3. Tpd122

Tpd122 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

in no way do I wish the TO wasn't called. Two reasons why: I would not want the loss to come from the Ravens, instead from a respectable team.

Second, you take what you get and the chance for a perfect season is rare...who knows, a loss to that team might have severely injured the momentum and team spirit.
  4. i support BB

i support BB Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wish we lost to the Giants in week 17.
  5. pwes

pwes Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Disable Jersey

No loss to the Giants or the Ravens. I'd rather been beaten by the Eagles. Good team that played well against us.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.