Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertWeathers

Member of the Seattle 7 & Roadie for Metallica
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Obvious by interesting...

In 64 career starts...

BAL is 16-0 when Flacco throws 24 passes or less.
BAL is 17-4 when Flacco throws between 31-25 passes
BAL is 12-15 when Flacco throws over 32 passes
BAL is 29-3 when Flacco has a QB Rating of over 90.
BAL is 15-17 when Flacco has a QB Rating less than 90.

When BAL scores more than 21 points or more, they are 32-3
When BAL scores less than 21 points or less they are 12-17

Pats are 64-2 when Brady has a Qb rating of 102.9 or over.

You start to see the Pats become mortal when Brady has a QB rating of 87 or below. They are 11-3 w/ Brady has a Qb rating of 86-80.

Same can certainly be said for Brady but my point is that with Flacco, less it more.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how relevant those numbers are. I would imagine most QB's statistics follow those patterns.

Correlation is not causality. He was probably throwing so much because they were playing from a 2+ possession deficit. Otherwise they probably wouldn't have him throwing so much.

The better the quarterback plays, the more likely the team is to win.

Thats is exactly what I think the numbers do tell us. There are some trends here...

Both of Flacco's losses to the Pats hes thrown over 35 passes. Both have been close games but the tempo was higher than what BAL is designed to play.

In the 2 losses they've averaged 20.5ppg.

BAL wins if they force turnovers, Rice gets 23 touches and BAL gets short fields and avoids long drives on offense.

That'll do.

Last edited:

While this generally is true, I don't think it's the case with Flacco and the Ravens. The more Rice touches the ball the Ravens have a better chance to win. Rice, not Flacco, is the key for that offense. The Pats better be ready for him this time. I believe they will spy Rice with Spikes.

Rice is better between the tackles but has the speed to abuce Spikes if he gets into the open field. This means screen passes and check downs to Rice to get him away from VW. Vontae Leech is one of, if not the best FB in the league and can blow LB's up to spring Rice free. Just like last week, I feel this game will come down to how the defense plays and keeping thier gap integrity in check. The Pats will have to play their best, most disciplined 3-4 D to keep Rice from running all over them.

While this generally is true, I don't think it's the case with Flacco and the Ravens. The more Rice touches the ball the Ravens have a better chance to win. Rice, not Flacco, is the key for that offense. The Pats better be ready for him this time. I believe they will spy Rice with Spikes.

Rice is better between the tackles but has the speed to abuce Spikes if he gets into the open field. This means screen passes and check downs to Rice to get him away from VW. Vontae Leech is one of, if not the best FB in the league and can blow LB's up to spring Rice free. Just like last week, I feel this game will come down to how the defense plays and keeping thier gap integrity in check. The Pats will have to play their best, most disciplined 3-4 D to keep Rice from running all over them.

BAL is 11-0 this year when Rice has 23 or more touches.

The Patriots are 64-2 when lobsters are hard shelled

Behind the Numbers - Reality Check Series

<The path to this season's playoffs wasn't an easy one for Flacco, who finished 15th in QBR for a reason. He played 12 games against defenses ranked in the top 10, throwing 14 touchdowns and six interceptions in those games.

There's no such excuse when it comes to taking on the Patriots defense. New England ranked 31st in yards allowed in the regular season and gave up the most passing yards in the AFC.>

Beware the Flacco !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back