PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Baltimore at Houston - Who do you root for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE STREAKER-CHEERLEADER :rocker::rocker::rocker:

I can't stand Baltimore but it may be more in our favor if they win here. If Houston loses this game, and we win against them, we can get the #2 seed. Baltimore could get knocked out in the first round and we would get to face the Broncos or Texans at home.

Not such a bad thing.

To me it's very obvious that at least one of these teams will be one of the top 2 seeds with a bye week looking pretty good,even though its only October,the only way either one of these teams doesn't obtain a bye is if they totally collapse in the winter months but their schedule doesn't make that likely.

I don't think Pittsburgh or Cincinnati are going to be a threat to the Ravens and certainly Houston is in a class by themselves in their division.

The winner of this game will have the best record in the AFC and at least a 2 game lead over every other AFC team.

The Pats have already lost to the Ravens and The Texans will be arriving at Gillette in several weeks.

Who do you root for in this game?

I'd prefer for Baltimore to win, since they already have the head-to-head tiebreaker over us. A Baltimore win, followed by the Pats beating the Texans in Gillette, puts us in a pretty good position for the #2 seed.

How ever it plays out is cool with me. There still is 10 games left things can change in a hurry. Lets just take care of our business (Texans).

A tie, with tons of injuries, culminating in a stadium collapse. Since that won't happen, I'll pull for the Texans. I'm less afraid of Baltimore, but I just can't get myself to root for them.

That's a tough one.

From a record/statistical standpoint, and from a 'what's best for the Pats', I'd like the Ravens to win this one.

From a pure football fan (and as a Pats fan), there is nothing more I'd love to see than these Ravens having their a55es handed to them.

Assuming tht we will be gunning for one of these teams to get the bye week it makes more sense for us to want Houston to lose. However, the Ravens have ost some key players on defense, Suggs isn't back yet and I think they have more potential to lose more games down the stretch.

So heart says let houston win because we would nbeed to take care of business against them to proceed anyhow.

Mind says Ravens are lucky to be 5-1 and will probably slide towards the end of the season (oiffense really needs to carry that team. Plus, we don't like them.

I'm going with heart and wanting the ravens to lose. plus cincy/pittsburgh could smell blood and bring the teams closer to 500 as they battle it out and each team i nthe division always "brings it" for division games.

^^ THIS

Couldn't agree more!

sinkhole.jpg

rooting for houston, baltimore has a bunch of d-bags. don't want baltimore have the tiebreaker over both the pats and houston.

baltimore. houston has a ridiculously easy schedule whereas the ravens do not. if houston loses the only tough games they play that would work. (green bay, Baltimore, new england, maybe minnesota or chicago)

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

Don't care about either of them! However... I'll root for Ray Rice and Arian Foster since I have them on fantasy teams

It's impossible to know at this point.
Baltimore could go on a major losing streak and finish 10-6 or worse giving us an easy path ahead of them, so that would make you want them to root for them.
Baltimore could also rally together and somehow continue winning just enough to finish tied with us which would make you want to root for Houston to get us the upper hand on Bmore.
Houston could stay a top team and beat us later on, meaning it'd be pointless to root against them right now since they'd finish ahead of us anyways.
Houston could fall apart while we run the table, meaning we'd want them to win this.
Any of those and more could happen so how can anyone really know for sure, I'd say just hope it's a close, physical game and both teams need to use as much physical force as possible for 60 minutes.

Baltimore. Then the Patriots control their destiny for a bye week. :D

Last edited:
I'm still rooting for HOU as I hate the Ravens. Their record could've been 3-3 or 2-4 (barely beat the chiefs, lucky wins against us and cowboys).

I hate the ratbirds, I can't ever root for them to win. I will have to hope for other teams to knock these two off....:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back