PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Balancing the "Cheap" scales!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marty

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Besides the newest FA signings and Corey's classy release, I enjoyed reading the following quote in Reiss's article this morning re Billy Yates...." In my 21 years as an agent, I've never had a team treat a player as well as the Patriots have treated Billy," said Steve Endicott, Yates's agent. Endicott went on to site examples of the Pats paying Yates a 53 salary while he was still on the practice squad, as well as getting him on the SB38 roster even tho' he was inactive, in order for him to get a full winners share that year.

Good to see the more positive reports to balance off the negatives like Milloy et al.:rocker:

good stuff, Yates was producing until he got injured. good depth there

That really made me proud.

It's about time stories like these starting appearing over the idiotic LT-hates-BB-who-hates-Mangini type tripe.

Never believed "Pats are Cheap" stories from day 1. Remember my Robert Edwards fetish? They kept him on in some paid capacity 3 seasons, hoping he'd make it back on field. And that's why I'm a Montreal Alouettes fan this season too, because that guy just had incredible heart to come back and take what the world was still able to give him, in Canada.

When he finally was released he had nothing but great things to say about the organization, how they kept him on and kept working with him for so long. Kraft's also active in philanthropy....

Beyond that, the team spends to the cap every year. What can they do, without mortgaging the future, or just plain cheating?

They just like to use money to win, rather than to use money.

PFnV

I'm with you VA. Same with Faulk when he was hurt and then his mother's illness, they were nothing but supportive. It's just so rarely that these stories get to see the light of day as compared to the disgruntled, over hyped vets and their agents!!!

That really made me proud.

It's about time stories like these starting appearing over the idiotic LT-hates-BB-who-hates-Mangini type tripe.

I think A.D.'s comments about BB and the fact that he signed here so quickly promote positive about BB and the entire Patriots organization.

I have never forgotten the fact that Kraft took care of Robert Edwards...it shows the class the guy is.

Isn't it time for all those Kraft-is-a-cheapskate types to post some apologies? Just one or two "guess we were wrong" posts would be nice after all the truly nasty invective directed at the guy.

Isn't it time for all those Kraft-is-a-cheapskate types to post some apologies? Just one or two "guess we were wrong" posts would be nice after all the truly nasty invective directed at the guy.

No way. You know how they will spin it now??? The Pats are spending too much money too quickly, rather than waiting to see who's left in the second wave after the later cuts........
It's not my opinion, it is just how some of the negative nattering nabobs of negativism (thanks Spiro) think. Even on a great day, they will find a way to go negative/cheap......
Just my $0.02,

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye