PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Baking the cake - in reverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
In a normal year the draft would be the last part of baking the cake. It would be the part when the cake comes out of the oven and it would be the frosting to decorate the cake.

This year things are in reverse. The draft is the part when the cake has had some ingredients added getting ready to be put into the oven to start baking. The cake still needs some ingredients to be added, and then the FA's and UDFA's will be the frosting to decorate the cake. Then everyone can have a taste slice and decide if the cake tastes good or not so good.

So maybe there are people, like myself, who would have added some different ingredients,and don't like the way the cake is looking right now. But Baker Bill is still working on the cake and he may end up looking like a master baker and we may looking like we used a Duncan Hines mix.

God,that sounds lame but I'll post it anyway. :D

Last edited:
tumblr_la90vixa5E1qdgeibo1_500.jpg

I see you were drinking late into the night... :D j/k

It'll be interesting to see the impact of having the draft first, especially if the rules revert to 2010 rules for FA. With a limited class, I could see the elite guys getting even bigger contracts due to desperation in the few holes left, while the JAGs will probably get less because most holes were filled via the draft.

I also wonder if teams will be as fiscally responsible as they were last year. They took advantage of no cap floor, but flush with cash from last season, they could look to spend more or take advantage of the rules to pay out big contracts in an uncapped year.

If 2010 rules are adopted and the FA class is limited, there may be more activity on the trade front too with the draft behind us and desperation sinking in for teams.

Last edited:
In a normal year the draft would be the last part of baking the cake. It would be the part when the cake comes out of the oven and it would be the frosting to decorate the cake.

This year things are in reverse. The draft is the part when the cake has had some ingredients added getting ready to be put into the oven to start baking. The cake still needs some ingredients to be added, and then the FA's and UDFA's will be the frosting to decorate the cake. Then everyone can have a taste slice and decide if the cake tastes good or not so good.

So maybe there are people, like myself, who would have added some different ingredients,and don't like the way the cake is looking right now. But Baker Bill is still working on the cake and he may end up looking like a master baker and we may looking like we used a Duncan Hines mix.

God,that sounds lame but I'll post it anyway. :D

Maybe we will have our cake and eat it too?

Last edited:
Just don't eat too much cake or you look like this

rex-ryan-si.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes