Welcome to PatsFans.com

Baker and E. Jackson wavied...Rashad Moore signed

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JoePats, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoePats

JoePats Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/12/moore_signed_2.html

2. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +367 / 6 / -8

#75 Jersey

Brandon and Eugene, come on down. Looks like LeKevin is more agile than lardass, I'm guessing. He looked good in some game this year, can't remember which one.
  3. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

It does seem as though Wilson's health and (fingers crossed) the coaching staff's faith in Meriweather made these moves acceptable to BB, et al. I hope so, anyway.

That said, it wouldn't shock me to find Baker and Jackson on the shadow roster, quietly guaranteed a reason to stay by their phones as the next couple of weeks pass.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  4. SamBam39

SamBam39 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

so is the roster down a player now?
  5. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

Seems like it.
  6. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

Interesting that they dumped Baker when they didn't need to free the spot.

This also suggests that Hobbs isn't as banged up as he seemed to be a few games back.

And it suggests Troy will be active. :)
  7. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +367 / 6 / -8

#75 Jersey

They gave Baker a pretty good look.
  8. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Baker has been inactive for awhile now. This move does not surprise me. We all saw what Eddie Jackson could do and it wasn't pretty. Maybe he needs more time to rehab to get back to 100%. Good move, IMO. The D-line needed the depth.
  9. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

seems that they really missed Wright a lot and very much needed a NT to back up Vince...I am sure that was a big reason for Moore returning... I am a bit perplexed with Baker being moved out..Jackson seemed like just a ST guy and maybe not as recovered as they needed...Baker has been with them fron last year, so it had to have been something that they saw with him..Sabders MUST be OK...
    My guess is that the reason that they have NOT signed anyone to the second position is that they are waiting for today and injuries..to see how it is...I amm thinking 2 positions...OL and TE...if Yates is out and Neal is also injured, I am thinking an interior lineman might be needed...If not, and actually MORE likely is tight end as if Watson and Vrady are both out, another will be needed...Spach played good, but Rivers might be the returnee
  10. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +207 / 16 / -38

#50 Jersey

Being that this is Bam's 3rd year on the practice squad, isn't his status governed by the roster being kept full all the time?

With the Pats having an open space, does this mean they either have to sign Bam or release him?
  11. BlitzFritz

BlitzFritz Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Jackson was always a special teamer, and a corner in a pinch. think you guys are right that he may not have been fully healed. or we are stout in ST w mitchell, washington et al

Baker i thoughtwe were high on him as a DB.

I am worried abou the DL. wish we hadnt cut Kareem Brown (sorry cant help saying it). i thought he was going to be part of the answer in there.
  12. patsgo

patsgo Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

and the jets will claim both jackson and baker
  13. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

I think you are right, we are thin at TE depending on Brady & Watson. Maybe Antwain Spann is brought up from the PS, you can never have enough DBs.
  14. unoriginal

unoriginal Rookie

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -1

Yes. That might also apply to Santonio Thomas.

Brown is a 3-4 DE. We have a surplus of those. Moore is a NT.
  15. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

hmm, seems like meriweather moved up a spot in the depth chart....

also, i project the other spot to be for Brown....let him be our 22nd player to get a TD
  16. bbabin

bbabin Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Brown doesn't need an 'extra spot.' He was activated off the PUP and has since been taking up a roster spot. I wouldn't be surprised to see another TE especially after Kyle went out last week.
  17. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

Who that's now on the PS could conceivably be actually activated for a game?

Do we have anybody at interior OL (thin w/ two injuries) or TE?

S. Thomas I can see being active. Bam and any other WRs I cannot.
  18. Krazy Koz

Krazy Koz Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wasn't as down on E. Jackson as others were here. for a guy who didn't have much PT and came in as a ST and CB in dime packages I thought he played pretty well. He got beat for that touchdown that everyone saw, but he was only an inch away from making a play and I don't see how much closer he could of played on his man. So despite his limited time with us I thought he played well and showed room for improvement. I'd like to see him end up on the shadow roster.
  19. Iron Helmet

Iron Helmet Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I would love to see a little bit of depth at the RB spot. Barlow, if healthy and in shape, would be a great pickup IMO. If we are facing 4 more games in bad weather, I am sorry, but I don't feel confident dropping the load on Maroney to carry us to the SB.
  20. kas

kas Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I really liked what I saw from Moore in the preseason. He might even be active this week (although next week is more likely). He has great size and seemed to have decent technique, could contribute.

Baker is no big loss, especially with Meriweather emerging more and more every week. As for Eddie Jackson, I agree with those who believe he's not 100% yet. He'll be in TC next year and be a shadow roster contributor for the time being.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.