Welcome to PatsFans.com

Baghdadophobia

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Seymour93, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +660 / 2 / -9

3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

now Seymour... don't you know we've "won the war" and that Baghdad is already a thriving metropolis? you have to know these kinds of stories are yawned upon, because Bush Leaguers have already heard the mantra "the surge is working" and that's all they need to ignore it the situation over there entirely....
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -2

Yawned upon? So where is Iraq in the press reporting? What happened to all the threads in this forum about Iraq the last year? What's Iraq anyway? It's funny how Iraq is no longer news to people, since it's been turned in our favor. When was the last time Iraq was on the nightly news?
  5. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

how is it turning in our favor? it's still siphoning $6 billion a month from the budget. money we don't have. it's spreading the military too thin and keeping soldiers away from their family
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +660 / 2 / -9

Barack Hussein Obama & George Looney Clooney are going to War sometime in February, in Darfur, that will be the wonderful war, it will be a great honor to die in this war.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -2

Say what? Yeah. You're right. It hasn't turned around over there. :rolleyes:
  8. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

the violence has turned around, but the huge alabtross that the occupation has become is taxing an already spread to thin empire.

we just don't have the money to support this occupation. we need to get out of there.:cool:
  9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

It's been a while since you've addressed me with a misrepresentation. What a disappointment you've chosen to do so again. If it's "turned in (your) favor," what, then, is "our favor?" Is this where you lie and suggest I'm rooting against U.S. forces?

Iraq isn't reported on because the press hasn't done it's job since the very beginning. You know it, and I know it. It didn't report on Iraq accurately or sufficiently then, and it still isn't.

As for why it's not being discussed here, well, I made my statement in the last thread about the topic... No one challenged it, so there was really no need to keep at it. But, very well.... The surge "success" isn't the result of any tactical genius, but rather a pay-off, a Sunni "awakening," and a secret program to subvert AQ agents in Iraq. There's still no functional government, and there's still no plans for troops to ever get the hell out, even though the Iraqis want us to.

Meanwhile, people are still dying in their cars on the way to work, and the only thing that's "secure" over there are the oil pipelines to the coast.
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -2

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

I didn't nickname you Agenda Boy for nothing. I'm not talking about the prelude to the war. I'm responding to your point about people ignoring it. The press doesn't have american lives being lost to propogate in favor of the dems, so it's back page news. When our boys were dying on a daily basis, it was the open on the regulars each night. Now that the surge has 180'd the situation on the ground, it's crickets.

I think Harry Boy put it best.

Chicagophobia:
    Students' greatest fear: Getting shot :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Metro & Tri-State
  11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Bullshyt... It wasn't "open on the regulars each night" at all. There were no images of the carnage, no truths being told about the genocide, no assessments of body counts. Nothing. Essentially, all they said was "it's bad," and featured some distant, grainy images of Falujah. You had to rent "No End in Sight" or watch DemocracyNow! or read Salon to get the slightest idea what was happening in that country.

Yet again, you repeat the falsehood that the "180" is the result of some "surge" in troop levels, while completely ignoring the real factor that slowed the violence: Bribes.
  12. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I guess it can do nothing but a 180 when it gets messed up so badly in the first place.
  13. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

They still are dying on a regular basis. Instead of a 100 a month now it's 25.

iCasualties: Iraq Coalition Casualty Count