PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bad weather again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least the field won't be a quagmire, unlike the regular season home game against the Jets last year.

dont swear. and dont sweat it. we're winning this Sunday. no ifs, ands or buts about it. they're not running on the Pats D this week. not happening. and in bad weather, Ill take Brady over anyone else in the league all day every day.

Is that a Guarantee, there Russ?

Erdoboy

Willie Parker has trouble holding on to the ball in good weather. Bring on the bad weather.
Contradictory there, but we know what you mean. Willie's blaming the fumbles on those rubber arm sleeves that Jerome Bettis told him were good to wear. I saw him interviewed and he said some kid he was giving a football or something to said not to wear them, so he's not going to. :rolleyes:

Willie Parker has trouble holding on to the ball in good weather. Bring on the bad weather.

On this point, did you see where about 4 weeks ago he started wearing those rubber elbow sleeves like Bettis used to wear? Why did he start doing this?
Because Bettis suggested it to him. And in the game where he wore them he humbled all over the place. Of course those games were all in rain...

He has since come out and said that he is not wearing those rubber things ever again.

Erdoboy - All rubber things?

One big difference in the weather from last week will be the wind. The National Weather Service predicts average wind speeds of 0 (zero) mph between 4 and 7pm tomorrow.

My only concern is the wind ! Glad to hear it wont be too windy like the Ravens game . Was worried last monday but not tomoro. GO PATS.

"Chance of snow and sleet, esp after 3pm"

goddam -- we really need to be able to throw the ball w precision.

what do others hear about the forecast?
is anyone else concerned?

i am worried, since this will be a tough game after a short week in any case.
:mad:

What do you think the weather will look like in the middle of January?

Uh, if there's anyone I want leading my team in snowy conditions it's Tom Brady...

I’m personally hoping for snow, who doesn’t love a snow filled football game? Bring it on.

The weather is not going to be a problem. During game time there will be no wind and only a 20% chance of any percipitation. Around 9 PM, sleet, snow and some rainy mix will hit the area, but the game will be over by then and the Steelers will be sitting on a icy runway at the airport sulking in their loss.

My only concern is the wind ! Glad to hear it wont be too windy like the Ravens game . Was worried last monday but not tomoro. GO PATS.

Uh-oh. They just updated the wind forecast. It's now going to average 1 mph during game time!

With gusts of... 1 mph

Last edited:
Weather is getting increasingly worse according to Weather Channel. Which originally seemed to be a dry game has now changed to what is now likely to have snow showers by game time and snow getting steadier throughout the game. Wind is not going to be a factor, but it will get messy late in the game with snow and freezing rain mix.

We all know if they say flurries, in Foxboro that means inches since that stadium is built directly in a snow belt ;)

I think it will be fine either way. If it is bad weather, NE gets some "practice" against a playoff caliber team.

Awesome!! Let is snow! Patriots will be fine today no matter the weather so let's give it a Christmas feel with some snow.

They should play right now, its beautiful out. If it wasn't for all this frozen snow on the ground I'd be gardening. I'm 18 or so miles northeast of the Razor.

Last edited:
They should play right now, its beautiful out. If it wasn't for all this frozen snow on the ground I'd be gardening. I'm 18 or so miles northeast of the Razor.
And if Florida were 1500 miles north of where it is and had hills, you could be skiing there (if it had snow). :p

All of the Sports Reporters guys picked the Pats, FWIW.

Edit, Lupica said maybe by 2 TDs.

Last edited:
This is the home field we've been wanting.

BTW, Brady has never lost a game in the snow.

and only has 2 loses with the temp under 40.

And if Florida were 1500 miles north of where it is and had hills, you could be skiing there (if it had snow). :p

All of the Sports Reporters guys picked the Pats, FWIW.

Edit, Lupica said maybe by 2 TDs.
Tom Casale picked the Steelers.

Moss played the MAC Championship game in huge amounts of snow and had 3 tds! :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back