PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

bad...no throwbacks uniforms also this year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
it seems we will not play also this year with the throwbacks...

bad...

why the horrible silver as third ?

I like the new uniforms, I'd prefer them to just wear them all the time.

italianpatthepatriot said:
it seems we will not play also this year with the throwbacks...

bad...

why the horrible silver as third ?

I like the silver jersey, it looks totally cool up close.

Why? Because it's 2006, not 1986. The red uniforms show an era of losing. And, last time I checked, it was the British REDcoats wearing the red, not the American PATRIOTS.

Last edited:
personally, and you probably know it allready, i really LOVE the throwbacks and i would like to see the Pats dressing them once a year regularly.

now it is a long time (too much) that we are not using them (last time was in DET @ thksgiving game...)

They could be dressed in the Mean Machine's uniforms for all I care, as long as they win the division and get a first round bye.

Besides, those throwbacks only throw back as far as the 1980's (and, in fact, they're poor copies). If nostalgia is what they're going for, that ain't it. Throw back to the 1960's, or even better, throw back to the Chuck Fairbanks-era, and then we can talk.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
Why? Because it's 2006, not 1986. The red uniforms show an era of losing. And, last time I checked, it was the British REDcoats wearing the red, not the American PATRIOTS.

Very true. The red jerseys were a mistake from the beginning and it's sort of appropriate that Pat Patriot was a cartoon. But I remember in '93 when Orthwein made the change to blue and Flying Elvis. Some idiot hired a plane to fly a banner over the stadium that said, "We want wins. Not blue shirts and crap logo." How times have changed.

Last edited:
Pats67 said:
They could be dressed in the Mean Machine's uniforms for all I care, as long as they win the division and get a first round bye.

true, Pats67, but i like and i love the NFL 'tradition' and i love all throwbacks (and for me ore one was the best)

they should only wear the silver jerseys for night games. They dont look good with the sun hitting them. The Broncos Pats game would be a good game for botyh teams to wear throwbacks.

R_T26 said:
The Broncos Pats game would be a good game for botyh teams to wear throwbacks.

i thought the same when i looked the calendar but it seems the Pats are not planning to use the throwbacks for the season this year.

true, Pats67, but i like and i love the NFL 'tradition' and i love all throwbacks (and for me ore one was the best)

The most worthwhile tradition built by the Patriots has come quite recently - in blue and silver.

If you're looking for deep tradition and a long history, that's definitely more Steelers/Packers/Bears/etc. It took awhile to get the ball rolling, but the Pats will be wearing their current uniforms 20 years down the road to represent this amazing era. I just don't see the purpose in pushing aside these glory days in favor of times when the Pats were the laughingstock of the NFL.

Last edited:
i thought the same when i looked the calendar but it seems the Pats are not planning to use the throwbacks for the season this year.

Leave the past in the past. It's Brady and Plummer at the helm, not Elway and Grogan. This whole emotional attachment thing really bugged me when the whiners emerged from the woodwork after the depature of Adam and Willie.

Just a question but do teams ever have a 2nd alternative uniform?

Like besides the basic 2 and an alternate?

i would like to see a newer uniform with more red in it personally.

Yes the Pats have decided not to use the silver Jersy anymore and no plans for a red Jersey or The old throwbacks Johnathan does not like the old ones or Red jerseys.

Damnit I want the old 'solid-look' alternative uni back. Dark navy pants with the navy jersey were badass. :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Damnit I want the old 'solid-look' alternative uni back. Dark navy pants with the navy jersey were badass. :D

Yes! I like that look too. They only did it a couple times in '02.

Team stopped doing it since they lost everytime they wore those jerseys.

Tunescribe said:
Yeah, and they got crushed both times. Denver and Green Bay.
I'll pass on the blue on blue.

Tunescribe said:

Now we're talking!

Oct. 13, 2002 vs. Packers (Loss, 10-28)

tg1013.jpg

Oct. 27, 2002 vs. Broncos (Loss, 16-24)

bradybroncos20024uj.jpg

Last edited:
CrazyDave said:
Yeah, and they got crushed both times. Denver and Green Bay.
I'll pass on the blue on blue.
They were still badass. :D

Attachments

• badassblueonblue.jpg
    badassblueonblue.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes