Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bad night for the gays

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Nov 8, 2006.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Lost in all the left wing hoopla is the little fact that the gays had a horrible night last night. They lost 8 of 9 ballot initiatives, gaining only a slim margin of victory in Arizona, of all places.

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +583 / 22 / -19

Actually, it was a pretty good night. No one expected gays to win anywhere, because clearly the country is still coming to terms with the issue. But, a few pieces of good news:

- The gay marriage ban was defeated in Arizona, which also reelected a conservative Republican to the Senate.
    - The marriage ban issue apparently had no bearing on the election. Democrats don't have to worry that support for gay rights could hurt them at election time
    - In conservative South Dakota, the marriage amendment passed 52-48%.

And this is another piece of good news:

Openly gay candidates win elections in record numbers

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Openly_gay_candidates_win_in_record_1108.html

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,131 / 3 / -10

I was a good election for the democrats, they won and they won big, BUT, the far left "loony tune flaming liberals" in the democratic party may not be all that pleased with what they got, there are a lot of the "old time conservative moderate" democrats that were elected and they may not be "radical" enough for the "moonbats", if the democrats could go back to the democrats of 40 years ago I would return to them.

One thing is for sure, as soon as Auntie Pelosi sees her chance she will be acting up, she is a true "Frisco Whack Job".

The democrats were bleating and babbling about how the system needs changing after Boob Gore and Fonda Kerry lost, do they feel the same way today :D

4. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Harry...yes, the new Congress should pass legislation to require all electronic voting machines to have paper audit verification measures in place.

Also, it was a bad night for the closeted gays in the GOP. Haggard really hurt them. Was he the reason that Jeff Gannon was frequenting the WH? Also, is Karl Rove even married???

Thats some kinky White House stuff going on in there. Makes Billys Cigar fetish look like adolescent fondling.

5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Only an absolute moron would try to spin this as a good night for the gays. They lost 8 out of 9 referendums that involved marriage and/or civil unions. Like I said, you'd have to be an imbecile to consider that good news for gays.

Now, we've all been fooled by dems who campaign as Conservatives then go liberal once they hit Washington. Dems know that unless they live in MA, NY or CA then they can't campaign as a liberal and expect to win. But I am optimistic that this current crop of Conservative democrats will maintain a reasonable level of maintaining touch with the average American who opposes gay marriage, unchecked immigration and abortion on demand for 14 year olds.

6. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

With your party being exposed as frauds (ahem..Haggard), cheats (Diebold), and theives (Iraq CPA) you would think that gay issues is about the last thing the Republicans will want to address by 08, or anytime in the near future I would think.

7. Patters

Ratings:
    +583 / 22 / -19

I think QuiGon is now part of the Pity Party, as some are now calling it. His tone is one of sour grapes. Like I said, it was a good night for gays, but the result shows just how much more activist the gays need to be to achieve equality. Progress has been made, but there's a long way to go, especially with sore losers like QuiGon looking to lash out at someone.

8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,999 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

I think when America understands that gay=nature things will get a whole lot better. Too many ignorant people out there who still think people choose to be gay. Utter stupidity IMO...we don't choose our eye color, how tall we will be, the natural color of our hair, and we don't choose our sexuality either.

Even on this site I cannot believe the ignorance on the issue by a few here. Those who choose to align sexual deviants and gays. A man who is a pedophile is a sexual deviant just as a man who rapes a woman is a sexual deviant...these are people who have psychological problems .... gays are no more prone to sexual deviancy then hetero sexuals are prone to deviancy...Yet we continue to see pedophiles openly bashed but rarely a thread on rapists..... If you don't understand this then it's time to do some research.

My opinion ... even though I lean to the right is no person should be forced to live a life that is not natural to how they were born. We don't force boys to be girls and girls to be boys so why should gays be forced to live a life just to be "normal". Normal is how we were born .... the normalcy of hetero sexual marriage is pure fiction and also a blatant union of religion and politics which makes it even worse.

Why people in our society choose to legislate how others should live is beyond me. No truly compassionate person would fight against gay marriage and gay unions....those who fight it are way less compassionate than they think they are .... false compassionism is the life they lead.

9. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

One of your best posts IMO. I also think that the republicans who rail against it are really just very insecure about their own sexuality. They'd be well served to stop preaching and posting about their homophobias as people like Haggard do...and just come clean.

10. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +154 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

Could of written that for NAMBLA, you have finally fallen of the left side of the fence you straddle.

The protection of children, is more important than 2 adult pedophiles getting to wear wedding dresses.

11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

I'm not sure how loosing 8 of 9 ballot initiatives is a good night.

I for one oppose Gay Marraige. I have no issues with Civil Unions. I don't care what any of you want to call me for feeling this way, that's your right, but the sanctity of marraige must be protected. I know that people do not choose to be gay. However, you can't tell me that homosexuality is normal behavior. I accept it, do not discriminate against persons who practice it, but will not have it forced upon me as if it were what should be. Sorry, but if I had a child, I would not want him or her to be gay. My guess is that 99% of you wouldn't either. If my child happened to be gay, then I'd certainly accept him/her regardless, but I would never want them to be gay. Anyway, I'll keep the "my gay friends" part to other people in here.

I'm somewhat delighted about the democrats recently elected to office. I've seen them generally described as pro 2nd Amendment, pro-life, & fiscally conservative. This is what the former Democratic party used to be before people like PAtters (Pelosi/Kennedy/Kerry/Gore) hijacked it. I say "somewhat delighted" because we don't know what will happen once they get to Washington. Washington tends to make most politicians Party first people. Party over principle is what has put this country in the shiitter for quite a while now. My hope is that the biitch slap to the GOP will push them back to core beliefs. If the Dems have a brain cell & see that their sane, and non-loon candidates won, and can keep the agenda to the center where people want it, we might have hope. Of course, I don't have high expectations. Who would? The modern history of our country points to party over principle. We shall see though.

12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,131 / 3 / -10

Amen to the whole post.
    God Is Great

13. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,999 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Protection of any victim of a sexual crime is very important.

Laws protecting victims need to be toughened.
    I'm not on the liberal side of it's someone's fault , either.
    I'm on the side they need to be punished as a feterent to others.

But if you think gays are more prone to sexual crimes
    than hetero sexuals you just don't get it. I'm sure you are not saying protection of little boys is more important than protection of little girls.
    But your post infers that.

Your post also infers that 2 males getting married are kooks...
    But what about women? Could it not be said they will go after little girls?

You have a right to your opinion...of course. But again i say as a freedom loving moderate/conservative....freedom is living how nature made you and our flag supposedly gurantees freedom and liberty FOR ALL...not just hetero sexuals.

14. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

FBN, my hat is off to you.
    It is always a pleasure to discuss with you and to read your posts; but this is probably the best post I have read here, ever.
    You are a consciencous, caring, respectful individual; a thinking man and a credit to the conservative side.

15. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,999 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Thank You Turk.

16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

maybe you two should get married. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist under the circumstances :p

17. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually I have kinda looked at it from a new perspective. They were 0-for-20 going into this past Monday, so maybe going 1-for-9 to "raise" their average to .034 is indeed a fantastic showing.
    Here's the problem (and one of the dirty little secrets) with the logic gay advocates use... You can take every single one of their arguments and apply it to pedophilia. Do people "choose" to be pedophiles..? Or is it just nature at work...?

One of these days we're going to hear how bigoted we all are because we want to deny right to pedophiles... you know, like the right to molest children.

18. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Of course that would be going too far, Quigon. We're talking about consenting adults.
    My problem with gay marriage is that the government will force churches that do not agree with the gay lifestyle to marry gay couples. That would be brutally intrusive to them.
    There are plenty of gay friendly churches to marry gay couples. So I hope the government will not resort to this.

19. Patters

Ratings:
    +583 / 22 / -19

Could have sworn you said you wouldn't come back if Santorum lost, and Casey kicked his right-wing *****. At any rate, glad your back.

Gay rights is about equality under the law, and has nothing to do with pedophilia. Most people don't choose to be gay or straight, but maybe you're an exception. Who knows.

20. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You just hit the nail on the head, my friend. The homosexual lobby will not ever be satisfied and they will not stop. They want nothing short of forcing all persons and all religions to accept and endorse their perverted lifestyle.

Historically speaking, they keep promising "all we want is X and then we'll be happy and leave everyone alone." Then, when they get X, they just move on to the next thing.

No matter how you feel about gay marriage, anyone that disagrees with what I have said is either a moron, a fool or both.