Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bad news for Olbermann haters

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Feb 15, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

MSNBC extends Olbermann’s contract.

“Keith Olbermann will continue to be a thorn in Bill O’Reilly’s side for at least four more years,” MSNBC reports. Olbermann has agreed to a “second term” with NBC News that “will take him into 2011.” Besides hosting “Countdown,” Olbermann will now “contribute occasional essays to ‘NBC Nightly News’ and there will be two prime-time ‘Countdown’ specials a year on NBC.”

Gosh... guess Keith's not failing quite as badly as Con men would like us all to believe...
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

His viewership is going UP as well. Still at about 30% of Bill O'Really?, but the trends are showing more people tuning in to Keith, and showing Bill to have a declining number of viewers.
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Well, I would hope it'd be going up. Lord knows, it couldn't go any lower. :D
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +302 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I don't think anyone said his show was failing, just that it sucked and got bad ratings. Nothing has changed.
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

yes... because of course we all know that networks routinely re-sign show hosts to new 4-year contracts when they "suck" and "get bad ratings"...
  6. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Do the Ford's own MSNBC? :D
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +302 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I guess bad ratings are relative - to MSNBC they may be good - to everyone else they're bad.
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Here's what's relative: Fox's "good" ratings... Because a clear thinker knows Faux receives the consolidated viewship of the entire right, which prefers their version of "news" spoonfed and have only one network for which to receive that... Meanwhile, the rest of the networks split the viewship among the other half of America...
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +302 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Right, all the other Liberal channels split the rest of the viewrship. Thanks for the breaking news :confused:
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

at what point did i suggest it was "breaking news?"... it's not news to me or anyone that Faux is the only network that panders to such a huge demographic...

media outlets shouldn't be judged on viewship or readership, but rather on integrity, comprehensiveness and quality...

unfortunately, that's not really possible without people complaining of judgemental bias... all we have to go by are goofy ass ratings, which, in TV journalism, mean absolutely nothing... American Idol and reality TV shows clean up, but that doesn't make them quality television... in fact, they're crap... It's just like Fox' "triumph"
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  11. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +128 / 7 / -13

Who cares.........;)
  12. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Like you said, MSNBC and CNN split the more politically moderate to liberal chuck of cable news viewers which is roughly equal to the number of folks who watch Fox. The difference is the Fox audience stays with the network for 3 or 4 hours in prime time. Fox would have the public believe each show attracts its own unique audience which is not at all true. I watch Hardball and Olbermann from time to time but wouldn't spend 5 minutes watching Rita Cosby or Scarborough Country.

Add them all up and it's still miniscule in comparison to even the most poorly viewed network sitcom. Hardly a phenominon.
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I don't see any mention of "truth" here. What good are all the rest you have here if the truth is missing??

//
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

integrity is at the heart of truth.... not to you? ... perhaps that speaks volumes...
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

As a Bill Clinton apologist, as you sweep under the rug his *LYING TO A FEDERAL GRAND JURY* -- a charge you so EAGERLY want to hang on Libby; but why not Clinton??

Integrity??? HA!! -- you and your kind simply refer to it as "a blow-job" -- it seems the volumes being shouted here are about you, PC.

Where is the humble unbiased search for truth?? Certainly NOT in the mainstream old media who are content to rest on their heretofore laurels. Well, all that is changing. So, hold to your outdated ways all you want.

//
  16. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Four more years of ripping into that sleazeball Bill O'Leilly.

"come here baby..put down that pipe and get my pipe up" - Bill O'Reilly finest
  17. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I really dont care if Olbermann's been re-upped. Unlike many liberals, I dont demand someone's dismissal or root for someone's failure simply because I dont beleive what he/she believes.

I sleep fine at night without that hateful venom that courses through many a liberal's veins.
  18. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

So basically then you concede that prior to Fox news, the MSM was leftist. So long as we're on the same page. That's been my contention for years now. Fox looks right, the rest look left. It's why there is such disdain for Fox. Before Fox gained prominance, the rest of the gang had a monopoly on slanting the news. It's because of this angled reporting that I watch all 3 major outlets.
  19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 1 / -9

Who Gives A Sh!t, O'Reilly Has Been Mopping The Floor With Him Since Cable TV Was Invented, Do You Read The Ratings
    :bricks:
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I actually don't give much of a rat's butt whether he's on or not, either, although I find his mind to be severely warped. A poster boy for the narcissistic self-righteous crusader, the kind that only gives the radical Muslim gang breathing room.

//