PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bad Mock, Good Idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish Hooligan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
http://www.hailredskins.com/Draft/AkhMock.htm

I think this mock is :bricks: rigoshdarndiculous, but the Pats moving up is interesting to me. The swap with the Vikes might be really benifical but I do not think BB does this for White, but who would you move up to get? Any thoughts?

J. Williams?
M. Lawson?
C. Jackson?
W. Justice?

The Patriots would be crazy not to grab Jonathan Joesph at that point. He's tall and fast and could step right in on opening day. Hobbs and Joseph with Samuel as the nickle is something to build on.

Irish Hooligan said:

I think this mock is :bricks: rigoshdarndiculous, but the Pats moving up is interesting to me. The swap with the Vikes might be really benifical but I do not think BB does this for White, but who would you move up to get? Any thoughts?

J. Williams?
M. Lawson?
C. Jackson?
W. Justice?
I'm not a big fan of trading up in this draft, it's deep enough for a really good player at #21. Now if there were a real faller like a Michael Huff being there at 14, or so, then I'd think strongly but not the guys you listed.

Irish Hooligan said:

J. Williams?
M. Lawson?
C. Jackson?
W. Justice?
There was no one left on the board who justifies a trade-up to 17.

BelichickFan said:
I'm not a big fan of trading up in this draft, it's deep enough for a really good player at #21. Now if there were a real faller like a Michael Huff being there at 14, or so, then I'd think strongly but not the guys you listed.

I agree with this completely. I don't think the Pats will trade up and I think trading down is more of a possibility, I was just curious on who you would pull the trigger on. Huff for sure.

Irish Hooligan said:

J. Williams?
M. Lawson?
C. Jackson?
W. Justice?

i think i know this mock (didn't click on it), but didn't know it was another stupid redskin mock....it figures....

so this is the one where we trade ahead of Dallas (Julius Jones), SD (Tomlinson) and KC (Johnson) to draft a runningback??? if we trade up for a running back, we'd trade ahead of the Vikings, not with them

but the trade would make sense if you were worried about dallas and sd (3-4 defenses) taking an OLB from you or similar need.

Seems like other sites have us trading up...LOL. I'm thinking, but afraid to say that I see us trading down at least 3 times. In the 1st, 3rd and 4th rounds.

A couple of years ago I heard all kinds of talk after the draft about BB trying like mad to trade up to grab Taylor of Miami. It's not out of the realm of possibility that BB falls in love with a player and goes after him. Clearly Huff or Lawson could be such a player. Of course BB could also drop back from #21 and still get Whitner who could turn out almost as good as Huff or a Kiwi.
The bottom line is that I'm not ruling out a trade up just because other options are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back