42-Rob Gronkowski, TE
53-Jared Veldheer, OT
62-NaVorro Bowman, LB
90-Jimmy Graham, TE
113-Geno Atkins, DL
150-Zoltan Mesko, P
205-J'Marcus Webb, OL
208-Jamar Chaney, LB

Now you tell me I would not have won NFL Executive of the year.. .

Fixed it for you :)

Fixed it for you :)
I didn't make any trades and I came out of the draft with the same number of players at each position as we had. I would have made that hindsight trade though in a second. Man I wish I could live a hindsight life...;)

No I see a carefully planned and thoughtful attempt to upgrade an interior Offensive line grown old and always undersized and talent limited.

No, you don't.

There are problems but yall are firing off the deep end with lafell, KT, Dobson and amendola.

Yeah, umm.... no, people aren't. Guys like Bruschi, Bedard, Zolak, etc... are seeing the same thing the most of the posters are.

Now this thread is on drafting, which despite all the know it all's that think they know something about running an NFL team, has been the most successful since 2000 in the NFL. Yes we have missed on the DB's in the past, but guess what, EVERY team has had problems drafting at a position of need for several years, and have also, like the pats every year, draft 1 or more starters and even pro bowl or all pro players.

This just makes absolutely no sense, whatsoever.

I still haven't forgiven him for passing on JJ Watt and Calvin Johnson.

Actually…. The year JJ Watt was drafted, we took Solder and Ras I Dowling.

We probably could've traded those 2 picks and gotten JJ Watt...

I dont think I have ever seen a thread with so many dislikes

I dont think I have ever seen a thread with so many dislikes

What's funny is that the O.P. is pretty much spot on, so far, with the possible exception of overrating Collins (too soon to tell there).

They are giving out free samples of the Bryan Stork Kool Aid something fierce right now. He looked solid in his reps, but they were limited reps at the end of the game against a week defensive line, I think we need to take a moment on Stork before we hand him the starting center job.
That is why this was carefully considered Plan. BB kept All his incumbents and reserves, so a failure still could revert to an incumbent. At Center he actually kept three, Wendell Connolly Barker to ease Stork into his job.

Only desperate teams draft interior Offensive linemen high. BB has said you draft LOTs high, move them elsewhere if necessary. Good starting interior linemen are drafted in Rounds 3,4 and 5. BB got two early in the Fourth, to go with Cannon.

That is why this was carefully considered Plan. BB kept All his incumbents and reserves, so a failure still could revert to an incumbent. At Center he actually kept three, Wendell Connolly Barker to ease Stork into his job.

Only desperate teams draft interior Offensive linemen high. BB has said you draft LOTs high, move them elsewhere if necessary. Good starting interior linemen are drafted in Rounds 3,4 and 5. BB got two early in the Fourth, to go with Cannon.

Mankins - round 1, guard

As for center, he had no choice but to keep all 3. Stork was injured for much of training camp.

Yeah, umm.... no, people aren't. Guys like Bruschi, Bedard, Zolak, etc... are seeing the same thing the most of the posters are.

This just makes absolutely no sense, whatsoever.

Yeah deus, and the same posters thought we would cream the raiders, thought the defense wouldn't be in the top 5 through the first three weeks, and Tom was declining which have all be proven false.

Deus, if you could read the last part of my post would make sense. I am done arguing with yall.

We'll see who is right at the end of the season.

Fleming was an excellent pick in my opinion he had a 2nd-3rd round grade. I was not a big fan of the Stork selection so until I see more I am not going to change my view. I would love to see them play Fleming at RG.

Fleming was an excellent pick in my opinion he had a 2nd-3rd round grade. I was not a big fan of the Stork selection so until I see more I am not going to change my view. I would love to see them play Fleming at RG.
Fleming has 1 game started. Could we possibly see these 2 guys taking over the interior? My guess is Fleming is getting valuable reps and same with stork, and will slowly be eased in. Perhaps this is Bbs plan, slowly ease in stork and Fleming into their starting roles if they keep progressing

Yeah deus, and the same posters thought we would cream the raiders, thought the defense wouldn't be in the top 5 through the first three weeks, and Tom was declining which have all be proven false.

Deus, if you could read the last part of my post would make sense. I am done arguing with yall.

We'll see who is right at the end of the season.

I read your post: every word of it. Your opening sentence was crazy talk, claiming the defense doesn't have any issues is simply inaccurate, and your last paragraph doesn't even make sense.

They are giving out free samples of the Bryan Stork Kool Aid something fierce right now. He looked solid in his reps, but they were limited reps at the end of the game against a week defensive line, I think we need to take a moment on Stork before we hand him the starting center job.

Yep. I'm drunk off that kool aid because the line needs a shake up and I think inserting Stork and Fleming is something that should be highly considered.

Someday I'd like to see a compiliation of the worst received/most disliked threads on this forum.. yeah that'd be cool..

Someday I'd like to see a compiliation of the worst received/most disliked threads on this forum.. yeah that'd be cool..

Not a problem, just go to the Practice Squad.

No, you don't.
What the interior line is not old, or not talent limited; or not too small? Or is it that BB didn't plan for this by drafting Stork, and Fleming ahead of time, and handing Cannon a full time position?

The Jimmy Garoppolo pick made zero ****ing sense, that's probably my most hated pick of the BB era. That pick is indefensible and provides zero help for a team trying to win one last Super Bowl with their 37 year old QB.

Easley we have no idea what we've got there, need to take a patient approach with him and see what we got.

James White looks to be a pretty poor pick honestly. Needs to gain significant muscle mass so he doesn't fold like a cardboard box every time he gets touched.

Fleming could be a keeper. They seem to like him as a run blocker. Or maybe they just like him as a run blocker more than an extra TE. I don't know. He's probably not gonna see any time as a starter this year. Which is pretty sad considering Jordan ****ing Devey can crack the starting lineup. So maybe he's not that good.

I'm a little disappointed with this past year's draft overall. But that's what happens when you just straight up waste your 2nd round pick.

The 2013 draft was solid. Collins, Dobson and Logan Ryan is a pretty good haul and I'm satisfied with that.

Last edited:
What the interior line is not old, or not talent limited; or not too small? Or is it that BB didn't plan for this by drafting Stork, and Fleming ahead of time, and handing Cannon a full time position?

Call me when jettisoning your starting OLG just before the start of the season, taking a guy you've insisted is an OT and not only moving him to OG, but moving him to the OG side he hasn't practiced at all, and then plugging in a guy who stinks on ice at the ORG spot becomes a grand, thought out, strategy. I'll be getting your call........ never.

DI,
You feel fine smarmily critiquing others but can't bear it if someone questions your semi-divine utterances.

Sorry, its a two way street...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing