PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

bad decision, bad decisions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosshog

Rookie
Reaction score
there have been some bad decision making by your team this offseason, the welker trade was good for you all, but, you gave up way too much for him, hes not worth 2 picks. but in saying that Welker will be your best reciever hands down, he is a Belichek and Brady type player a huge over acheiver Pats fans will love him. But, the Stallworth and Washington signings were horrible for your team, horrible. they are not fitted well for your team, big egos, injury prone, under acheivers. I feel this was the wrong way to beef up the WRs. the right way was to sign welker and draft another young hard working overacheiver that fits the Patriot mold. Stallworth and Washington will come back to haunt this team. Bad,Bad,Bad. A. Thomas great, Welker Great, all others BAD.

I smell something that usually lives under a bridge.

We'll see. We can't claim all of our free agent signings have worked out, but I feel pretty good about where we are right now.

Nobody's got a crystal ball, but between you on one side, and Belichick and Pioli on the other, I'll take their word.

Last edited:
there have been some bad decision making by your team this offseason, the welker trade was good for you all, but, you gave up way too much for him, hes not worth 2 picks. but in saying that Welker will be your best reciever hands down, he is a Belichek and Brady type player a huge over acheiver Pats fans will love him. But, the Stallworth and Washington signings were horrible for your team, horrible. they are not fitted well for your team, big egos, injury prone, under acheivers. I feel this was the wrong way to beef up the WRs. the right way was to sign welker and draft another young hard working overacheiver that fits the Patriot mold. Stallworth and Washington will come back to haunt this team. Bad,Bad,Bad. A. Thomas great, Welker Great, all others BAD.

get lost scumbag

the right way was to sign welker and draft another young hard working overacheiver that fits the Patriot mold.

You know something? This may be true. But they did sign Welker, and the draft isn't here yet so that rookie you describe may well still be in the pipeline. And Stallworth and Washington both came with cheap 1-year prove-it contracts. So even if your basic assumptions are valid, where are the bad decisions? :confused:

How the F can the Wahington and Stallworth signings come back to haunt the team. They both have one years deals with little money, and they are a big improvement over what we had last year. You are really reaching on that one.

I smell something that usually lives under a bridge.

Give me a T Give me an R Give me an O Give me an L Give me another L what do you got? TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both Washington and Stallworth signed deals that are essentiallly one year rentals with the option to buy. We aren't making a huge financial investment in them. If they do well, we activate the remaining years of their contracts.

Low risk, high reward.

Stallworth and Washington are going to be a problem by comraderie or "gelling" thats what i meant by that, Wes will fit right in man he is great. But i just think Stallworth and Wsahington have HUGE egos and thats never been what the pats are about, they just needed to draft a reciever

Stallworth and Washington are going to be a problem by comraderie or "gelling" thats what i meant by that, Wes will fit right in man he is great. But i just think Stallworth and Wsahington have HUGE egos and thats never been what the pats are about, they just needed to draft a reciever

brilliant strategy.

Stallworth was a great locker room presence in Philly and fans were sad to see him go from the standpoint that he was a leader and a team player.

And Washington came here even though he could get more money elsewhere because wants to be on a winning team. He took the job knowing there would be stiff competition at WR and that he would have to work his butt off to make this team. Since signing he has said nothing but how much he admires Belichick, Brady and the Patriots organization. This really sounds like a guy with a huge ego who won't fit with the Pats.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Last edited:

I wish Belichick and Pioli had consulted this guy before those signings. I also hope Bob Kraft doesn't read this post, or heads are gonna roll in Foxboro.

I'm betting the organization knows more about who is and who is not a good fit for the Pats than you do. So there!

question for you. if washington had a big ego, why would he sign on to be the 5th receiver on a team notorious for spreading the ball around?

wouldn't he try to catch on with a team that was looking for a #2 guy and less of a role-player?

think, man.

I love when these idiots come in here and think that they:

A) Know more about our team than we do.

and

B) Know more about the team than Belichick and Pioli do.

i dont think they do

Have you sat down and talked with Stallworth and Washington? Surely someone who has spent time talking with people face to face know more about their personalities that someone who is speculating out of his a**.

JUST LISTEN, THE DOLPHINS LB WITH THOMAS, PORTER, TAYLOR AND CROWDER ARE GONNA MAKE SOME HEADS ROLE, LET THESE GUYS COME ACROSS THE MIDDLE! What Does Tom Jackson say" JACKED UP"! Thats whats gonna happen!

JUST LISTEN, THE DOLPHINS LB WITH THOMAS, PORTER, TAYLOR AND CROWDER ARE GONNA MAKE SOME HEADS ROLE, LET THESE GUYS COME ACROSS THE MIDDLE! What Does Tom Jackson say" JACKED UP"! Thats whats gonna happen!

And the truth comes out.

The guy is a Fins fan.

just wanted you guys to know your AFC reign is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes