Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bad Day For Dubya

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, May 2, 2007.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Here

C'mon W, don't let the polls do your bidding. Real World, he shouldn't listen to the polls anyhow. Right?
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

so he works for the American people, but he refuses to listen to them, and instead keeps on with his belligerant head-bashing against the concrete wall ...

this is what is scary about a religious wacko in the oval office... he's not serving you, me or G.I. Joe... he's serving his warped impression of God's wishes...
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

There who will come and defend what he is doing, despite the will and wishes of the American people.. heard something yesterday that concerned me, as it relates to the stock market.. so many people are making so much money from this debacle and the associated economy, there is very little activism. The Dow is now over 13,000.. the investor class is getting richer and the divide is widening. The need to change anything is not a very great need for those involved in the military industrial complex.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

He shouldn't lead, or implement policy because of polls. Polls are important in the sense that they give you a measure of the publics sentiment. However, policy should never be passed because of what a poll says. During segregation, what policy would the polls demand be implemented? Furthermore, during WW II, had Roosevelt followed the polls, we'd be speaking German, or Japanese right now. Does this mean that polls and policy aren't on the same page? Of course not. It simply means that principle and common sense should be used to pass policy. Not polls.
  5. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

And in your opinion, is principle and common sense the order of the day under this administration?
  6. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

The divide is always going to widen at it's extremes because of the sheer mathematics involved with interest and investment size. People who have money, even if invested in a 2% savings account, will always increase their pool of cash. If Shaq has $100 million, the odds are likely that he will increase that to $102 million the following year in such a basic scenario. People with large sums of money will almost always get richer, whereas those making $100k a year per say, by matters of mathamatics alone, will not. What is critical is that the middle class size increase in porportion to both population, and economic classes. Also, that unemployment remain low.
  7. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I just want to say the obvious: the article above came from The Onion.
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Like any and all administrations before this one, sometimes yes, and sometimes no. In the sense of what I like from government, this admin is further to the no end of the spectrum than to yes. That's obviously going to be different from person to person. My simple point before, and now, is that polls should not determine policy. Sticking a finger in the wind and seeing which way the wind is blowing is not a good line to follow.
  9. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

This is not a pure democracy for a reason. Officials are elected to make decsions. If you don't like them, vote them out. Othrewise you could wind up with a situation where you have two wolves and a sheep deciding on what to have for dinner. That's democracy in it's purest form.
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, i did try to vote him out... he certainly wasn't voted in....

unfortunately, i haven't figured out how to make my vote count for multiple people, or discount the votes of other people, or to switch others' votes to my candidate of choice... Karl Rove did...
  11. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

What?

how ignorant can you be? Iraq is not about what he thinks God wants, its about him being an incompetant President who's first concern is his families oil interests.

How do I know its not about religion? If the man is the Christian he says he is there would be SOME basis for what hes doing in the Bible. There is none.

the secular left keeps pumping this out so people like you have another excuse to bash Christianity.
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Yeah but don't forget, he loves Jesus.
  13. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

oh right, the guy who pretended to be a Christian on a thread and told me that "as a Christian, im offended that you........"

real straight forward guy that one.

NOT!
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

wow... way to make it personal, sunshine... anyhow, who's ignorant?

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/1007-03.htm

Bush: God Told Me to Invade Iraq
    President 'revealed reasons for war in private meeting'
    by Rupert Cornwell

President George Bush has claimed he was told by God to invade Iraq and attack Osama bin Laden's stronghold of Afghanistan as part of a divine mission to bring peace to the Middle East, security for Israel, and a state for the Palestinians.

George Bush believes he is on a mission from God, according to the politician Nabil Shaath. Photograph: Charles Dharapak/AP

The President made the assertion during his first meeting with Palestinian leaders in June 2003, according to a BBC series which will be broadcast this month.

The revelation comes after Mr Bush launched an impassioned attack yesterday in Washington on Islamic militants, likening their ideology to that of Communism, and accusing them of seeking to "enslave whole nations" and set up a radical Islamic empire "that spans from Spain to Indonesia". In the programmeElusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, which starts on Monday, the former Palestinian foreign minister Nabil Shaath says Mr Bush told him and Mahmoud Abbas, former prime minister and now Palestinian President: "I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George go and end the tyranny in Iraq,' and I did."

And "now again", Mr Bush is quoted as telling the two, "I feel God's words coming to me: 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East.' And by God, I'm gonna do it."

now, how you gonna spin this one?
  15. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Your point is valid. It's a fact the game is tilted towards the rich. The larger the amount in an account, the lower the management fees (just look at mutual fund breakpoints, or "premier" savings account levels). Someone with $100k in a money market might get 5.1% while someone with 4k might get 3.7%.

BTW, semantically, you're forgetting the impact of inflation in your example. If inflation is 2.9% and you're getting 2% (if taxable, then it's 1.4%), you are losing wealth.

You are correct in that, if Shaq doesn't the pool of money for living and is keeping it intact, then yes, the dollar amount increases.......... BUT the purchasing power of that money decreases.

The number isn't important, the MEANING of the number is.

For example much is being made this week about the S+P 500 hitting the 1,500 point level. Big deal. The more significant number would be 1,527 which was its previous high in March, 2000.
  16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

why don't you expand on that one a bit more, jaggov... i don't pretend to be a Christian... your president does...
  17. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Well, the heck with Fox, CNN, or MSNBC.

when i want the real truth i'll go where Press Coverage goes to get his facts.

the Palestinian foreign minister!!!!!!

brilliant:eek:
  18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

lol... wtf are you talking about?... the foreign minister isn't a news outlet, but a source... a source and a story picked up by everyone....

yes, let's suggest that this story, picked up by almost every media outlet in the world, is false... you're the ignorant one if you honestly believe George Bush doesn't make policy decisions based on faith... MOST SPECIFICALLY his crusade in the Middle East...
    Last edited: May 3, 2007
  19. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

my President? I cant stand the guy.

you havent pretended to be a Christian? really?? not ever????

i guess that was another Press Coverage that time. my error.
  20. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

even Michael Moore didnt go down that ridiculous road. As a leftie im sure you watch PBS. Before the election in 2004 did you watch the Frontline specials on Bush and Kerry? Did you see the part in Texas when running for Governor when Bush suddenly embraced the religious right?
    He doesnt believe this stuff. His own administration makes fun of the fundementalists of "the nuts". His policies havent been at all consistant with anything in scripture. If he is following God, which he is not, it sure isnt the Christian one.
    Follow the money trail. He is and always has followed the oil interests of any situation.