PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Backs Against The Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

VrabelJr

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
For those of us that were fans before the first Super Bowl win against the Rams, doesn't this game seem eerily familiar? All season long nobody outside of our locker room can explain the reason we're winning. All they can do is cite reasons that we should be losing. We rolled into that Super Bowl on an eight game winning streak. Nobody said we were "hot" or "playing our best football at the right time." Nope, we were the team that didn't belong in the Super Bowl according to a lot of people. We all know what happened. We came out, played our asses off, and stole that Lombardi Trophy.

We don't belong in this game. Ask around. Turn your TV on. We didn't beat the Baltimore Ravens. They beat themselves. Lee Evans dropped that pass, Sterling Moore didn't knock it out of his hands. Billy Cundiff missed a field goal that was apparently worth four points.

WHEN we win the Super Bowl this is what we will hear about:

The Giants Defensive Line played a bad game. The Patriots offensive line didn't play a good game.
Eli Manning played a bad game. It definitely wasn't the Patriots defense playing a good game.
Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz dropped a lot of passes. It most certainly wasn't the Patriots secondary coming to play.

I bet there are people out there willing to argue that we aren't really 15-3 right now. And I know our players know that and I'm so glad it's this way. This team will never get any credit. After today I'm done checking media and reading or hearing about anything Super Bowl 46 related until after the game on February 5th.

There's nothing else anyone on this planet can write or say that would ever make me feel like we aren't going to win this game. We have no business being in this game and that's exactly why we're going to march into Indy and steal that Lombardi Trophy.:rocker:

EDIT: Oh and btw, If anyone on here is talented with photoshop I already know what our celebratory Super Bowl 46 Champions shirts should say:

SUPER BOWL 46
*PATRIOTS LOGO*
"Look Mom, No Cams!"
CHAMPIONS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes