Welcome to PatsFans.com

----backfire---

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

The dingobats let their Fear and Hatred lead them into another pile of left wing sh!t. Have you noticed how quick they dropped the "Phony Soldier Crap" evry war has it's share "Phony Soldiers" many of them were never even in the service.
    Where is Wesley Clark this morning with his "Ban Limbaugh" junk, the rotten bastard, Hitler is rising from the dead and he's a Democrat Hater.

Read:
    “As a Vietnam Veteran, and the father of a decorated Army officer currently serving, I feel very keenly the damage done by Jesse Macbeth and these other fakes,” said Jeff Sullivan, U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Washington. “Macbeth’s lies fueled hostility to our servicemen in Iraq and here at home. Those who falsely claim medals for heroism, cheapen the recognition of our true war heroes.”
    http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/waw/press/2007/sep/operationstolenvalor.html
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Jessie MacBeth was played up more by the right than the left. Most of the left leaning sites very early on distanced themselves from him. But, he is a convenient tool of the right. You're sort of using him like the left uses Craig and Foley. I understand.
  3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Harry Weasel Reid started it all, then General Wesley jumped into it then the backlash came and now they all scurried back into their little holes.

Talk Radio is here to stay, the people want it, how else will we know the whole story.
    :bricks:
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 6 / -2

Give me a break. The extremist took this asswipe loser and put him and his fellow liars on the front pages of their papers and ran with it. How many soldiers did they kill in doing so? What would it have taken to actually CONFIRM that someone telling you they mutilated civilians actually served? This is disgusting, and unacceptable. Sadly, it hasn't just happened once, or twice, it's happened REPEATEDLY! In a war where the enemy is savage, and uses propoganda to recruit it's suicide bombers, this crap has been like crack cocaine to a junky. How many people in the world have been fed this drivel and have formulated their disdain for the US, and it's soldiers because of this? It's utterly dispicable that anyone considred media would post such information with the least bit of VERIFICATION! How surprising that YOU try to spin, spin, spin this crap as being overplayed by the "right", when it's the "left" that has done the irreparable damage. I get it though, MacBeth said he was sorry so he should be FORGIVEN! Get a %$^^$@@ clue. :mad:

Sorry, but people like MacBeth should be put to death. I have zero tolerance for liars like him at a time of war. He clearly, CLEARLY contributed to the deaths of soldiers, or even Iraqi's helping our cause. 5 months? What a joke.
  5. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

I never saw articles about him on the major left wing sites, and the Wikipedia entry for him refers to sites I'm not familiar with:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessie_Macbeth

I'm sure there were links to his claims in various blogs, but pretty early on most people began to suspect his stories, which were over the top. He was rejected by the left not too long after he made his initial allegations.

As a matter of fact, in 2006, TGisaCowgirl posted a story about MacBeth, and I said I'm pretty sue he'd been discredited:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...howthread.php?t=36150&highlight=jesse macbeth

The fact that he never got any attention on this board shows that he was not well known. The problem was a video was made that went viral, and that's how I think he got most of his attention.

At any rate, he's obviously mentally ill and he did great harm, not only to our troops and our country, but also to the anti-war movement.

Now, can you support this claim of yours: "... took this asswipe loser and put him and his fellow liars on the front pages of their papers and ran with it."
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 6 / -2

So because you never saw articles about him....:rolleyes:

Well, he never got mentioned on THE POLITICAL FORUM OF PATS FANS so...:rolleyes:

You know, he was so unpopular, ignored, and unknown that he was a member of Iraq Veterans Against the War. A group that has been on all of the major cable news stations such as CNN, FOX, and MSNBC. Oh, I forgot though, you don't have cable. :rolleyes:

MacBeth was featured on a widely-circulated anti-war video detailing his alleged time in Iraq, titled “Jesse MacBeth: An Iraq Veteran Speaks Out.” - Video Interview What's worse, is this video was translated into arabic and propogandized all over the world. 5 months.

Scott Thomas Beauchamp & The New Republic's "Shock Troops" anyone? How about the NYT and Amarita Barnes, the raped army Iraq war vet, that hadn't been in Iraq?
  7. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

I think if his claims were as widespread as you say, he would have received more coverage here, other than by our resident conspiracy theorist.

http://regbarc.newsvine.com/_news/2...n-macbeth-video-iraq-veterans-against-the-war

I never disputed the damage he did, but I am disputing your belief that the left was widely promoting him. The mainstream sites did not talk about him. Suspicions were raised about his story early on.

Why are you changing the subject to Beauchamp? Nonetheless, about Beauchamp, while the military did not substantiate his claims, they also brought no charges against him, refused to release details of their investigation, and blocked the New Republic from doing its own investigation (beyond its initial interviews with 5 soldiers who corroborated Beauchamp's claims). So, it's a different issue altogether at this point.
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Thursday:
    The Democrats were all over the news channels bashing the hell out of Limbaugh demanding he be removed from this earth, shut him up, censor Limbaugh, BAN him from the planet, he's on drugs, kill his cat, burn his house down.

Friday:
    It all blew up in their faces just as the disgusting MoveOn.org crap did, now not a peep out of them all day, they have all slunk home for the weekend to lick their wounds and try to think of somebody elses life to ruin.

Democrats Are In Trouble, hate mongering bastards.