PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Backchecking ... Backchecking.... Backchecking.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
In all my years @40 of playing and watching hockey I have never, ever seen a team more horribly deplorable at backckecking than these Bruins. They are so horrible at it that it is hard to define exactly what they are doing wrong...because they do not backcheck at all outside of the 1st period.

To be fair ... sometimes they do it a bit in the 2nd and then in he 3rd forget about it. They either are totally clueless or looking to get in the top 5 for the draft ... currently they have the 8th pick.

bump ... that freakin nokia dude.

In all my years @40 of playing and watching hockey I have never, ever seen a team more horribly deplorable at backckecking than these Bruins. They are so horrible at it that it is hard to define exactly what they are doing wrong...because they do not backcheck at all outside of the 1st period.

To be fair ... sometimes they do it a bit in the 2nd and then in he 3rd forget about it. They either are totally clueless or looking to get in the top 5 for the draft ... currently they have the 8th pick.

You're right i watched every game so far this season and its hard to believe how the Bruins can't even execute basic fundamentals of hockey. Back checking is something that all teams do. You wonder why the Bruins have so many 3rd period melt downs, back checking is one of the reasons. It seems like they get lazy. I'll tell ya, I'm sick of watching teams skate freely through the nuetral zone, and gain the blue line without even being pressured by a Bruin. They are just a bad team.

It goes back to the coach. Here in Canucks land we actually considered for a time hiring Dave Lewis thinking he was the best candidate. Thank goodness we didn't. I think Dave Lewis hung on pretty tight to Bowman's coat tails all those years in Detroit. He probably will be nothing more than a really good assistant coach for his career.

It goes back to the coach. Here in Canucks land we actually considered for a time hiring Dave Lewis thinking he was the best candidate. Thank goodness we didn't. I think Dave Lewis hung on pretty tight to Bowman's coat tails all those years in Detroit. He probably will be nothing more than a really good assistant coach for his career.

You're right it does go back to the coaching. Dave Lewis must go, and I'm not even a Bruins fan.

Well, I mean, the season's over. Even at HFboards, the Bruins board isn't really lighting up.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back