PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Back where we belong: 5-2, 1st place AFCE [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wah. 5-2, 1st place AFCE.

What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the going gets tough . . . the tough get going. Who's with me? Let's Go! Come on! AAAAEEEEEGGGHHHH!!

Too funny :D

re: Back where we belong: 5-2, 1st place AFCE (merged)

NICE :D

good game today.. Cassel is improving fast. I am worried about the secondary though with all those injuries there. I guess a lot of upcoming teams will go deep to test the rookies.

Re: Wah. 5-2, 1st place AFCE

This team is quickly becoming my fourth favorite all time Patriots team; 2001 is and always will be #1, the 2004 back to back champs and going to Pittsburgh and demolishing the Stoolers and Joey Porter is #2 and the 1976 team is #3, they got screwed out of what should have been the Patriots first ever Super Bowl win.

Cassel has won me over, the D really stepped up today as did Faulk, very impressive. We need Morris and Jordan back ASAP so we can run the ball down teams throats..........

Re: Back where we belong: 5-2, 1st place AFCE (merged)

First place baby! Wooooooooooooooooo!

What's more...root for the Giants today, if they win the Pats are tied for 2nd place in the whole AFC.

Sorry, I can't ever root for the Giants.

Sorry, I can't ever root for the Giants.

Me neither. And it looks like they're going to win this game. Thankfully, that also means the Steelers will lose and that benefits the Patriots.

Giants win. The Pats are tied for second place in the AFC. Looking at the rest of the Pats' schedule and the only real tough game they have left outside of the division is the Steelers. I know everyone looks at the Colts as the 2002-2007 Colts, but they aren't this year. I would say Arizona would be tough, but them coming to New England in December to play a 1PM game is a huge advantage for the Pats. Seattle and the Raiders have the advantage of homefield, but I don't see either of them to being remotely as good as the Patriots.

Even in the division, I think the Pats have a clear advantage over the Jets (and may even have the better QB at this point if you have seen what Favre has done the last few weeks) who have struggle against their easiest opponents in the last two weeks.

It's nice to see the team come together and pull out wins when it seems like every week another starter goes down. Cassel has come along way too, I admit I didnt think it was going to happen, but its like a hole new qb out there. One of them times where i am 100% glad to be wrong.

I worry most about the division games. At this point, it is possible that both wildcards could come from the East, not bad for the worst division in football. The colts and steelers will be difficult games also. The colts may desparately need a win. Playing a desparate colt team at their house is not good.

In any case, we could not have asked for much more after seven games. We are tied for the division and for a bye. We have survived having three running backs out as well as injuries to three of our veteran defensive backs. And Seymour is wearing a cast and playing great.

Giants win. The Pats are tied for second place in the AFC. Looking at the rest of the Pats' schedule and the only real tough game they have left outside of the division is the Steelers. I know everyone looks at the Colts as the 2002-2007 Colts, but they aren't this year. I would say Arizona would be tough, but them coming to New England in December to play a 1PM game is a huge advantage for the Pats. Seattle and the Raiders have the advantage of homefield, but I don't see either of them to being remotely as good as the Patriots.

Even in the division, I think the Pats have a clear advantage over the Jets (and may even have the better QB at this point if you have seen what Favre has done the last few weeks) who have struggle against their easiest opponents in the last two weeks.

I worry most about the division games. At this point, it is possible that both wildcards could come from the East, not bad for the worst division in football. The colts and steelers will be difficult games also. The colts may desparately need a win. Playing a desparate colt team at their house is not good.

In any case, we could not have asked for much more after seven games. We are tied for the division and for a bye. We have survived having three running backs out as well as injuries to three of our veteran defensive backs. And Seymour is wearing a cast and playing great.

I think the Colts are only dangerously desperate if they win tomorrow night. If not, they are in crisis mode and probably deflated after an emotional loss. The Colts are in desperation mode tomorrow night because their season is riding on that game at least to win the division. It is tough to play with desperation and be dangerous two weeks in a row.

I don't see two Wild Cards coming from the AFC East. Right now, I don't see either the Jets or Dolphins getting enough wins to make a serious run. But then again, I don't know if there are any teams in the AFC beyond the Pats, Bills, Steelers, and Titans really worthy of even making the playoffs right now. The Jets may be 4-3, but I don't think they can play even an average team and win the way they are playing right now. They were a Darryl Johnson holding onto an INT right into his hands away from losing today and still were a fourth down attempt by the Chiefs from potentially losing.

Schedule gets tougher now. We cannot take the Dolphins in Miami for granted; or ARI; 2 Bills games should be tough; Pitt and Indy will be tough; and then while they should each be easy, it's back-to-back West Coast with SEA and OAK.

Still, only 5-4 to go for a respectable 10-6 season, although I'd still like to see 11-5

Schedule gets tougher now. We cannot take the Dolphins in Miami for granted; or ARI; 2 Bills games should be tough; Pitt and Indy will be tough; and then while they should each be easy, it's back-to-back West Coast with SEA and OAK.

Still, only 5-4 to go for a respectable 10-6 season, although I'd still like to see 11-5

I don't see the Pats losing to both Indy and the Bills. I think the Pats split them.

10-6 still seems most likely, with 11-5 reasonable and 12-4 certainly possible. But, one game at a time. The colts should be tough.

DIVISION (2-2)
These are tough games.

INDY AND PITT (1-1)

THE "EASY" GAMES (2-1)
Oakland, Seattle and Arizona.

NICE :D

good game today.. Cassel is improving fast. I am worried about the secondary though with all those injuries there. I guess a lot of upcoming teams will go deep to test the rookies.
Great signature! Now can you do it with Chris Berman as Obi Wan and BB as Yoda? :D

Great shades of 2004! In one regard the secondary injuries are good news...it means the team is on target for their mid-season rookie patch en route to Tampa.

I liked what I was seeing from Richardson, and while Wilhite got panned by the color man for a rookie mistake, you have to like what he's doing overall. Now we just need Wheatley's "on" switch to click in and we are looking at a nice threesome at CB for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes