Welcome to PatsFans.com

back ups playing in superbowl?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Julius, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julius

Julius Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What was up with all the backup defensive players LeKevin Smith,Rashard Moore,Pierre Woods,Merriweather all got playing time. Was this injury driven or was Belichick hoping to preserve his defense for the 4th quarter.
  2. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Not sure..but that did happen a lot..not sure what effect it REALLY had on the game....in a negative way..I can not wait to see how many were used and how many plays...
  3. JoePats

JoePats Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Belichick said after the Panthers Super Bowl that he regretted only having 4 DL active. The long drawn out nature of the game (warmup early because of pre-game show, extended halftime, longer breaks) makes it a more tiring game for the players. He played the backups here and there to keep everyone else fresh for later.
  4. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

What baffles me more is that Hobbs was on the Giants best reciever all game long. Why wasn't Samuel covering him especially on the last drive? Why wasn't there a safety over the top to help Hobbs when he got juked out of his shoes when Plaxico caught the final TD? As good as Belichick is, there are a lot of things that he does that baffles me. This is one of them.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  5. Patdown93

Patdown93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

To be fair Plax did have one catch before that last TD. It was just the wrong playcall on that play.
  6. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

i noticed Samuel on Plaxico enough times. They played Plaxico on the left more often though and plus we play a cover 3, so its not like were following the WR anyways

im not sure Samuel is a better option on Burress than Hobbs anyways since Hobbs is more athletic (jumps higher than Samuel and is more physical).

and not to take shots @ Vrabel(who disappeared in the game) but Woods broke the pocket the first time he got in while Vrabel was invisible all night. again..not taking a shot but Woods could be in for a bigger role next year
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  7. World Champs 3X

World Champs 3X Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

On that play with an all out blitz as a db you are taught to go after the first move since the QB is suppose to have pressure so he did what he was suppose to do the giants picked up the blitz and that was it
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +291 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Meriweather has been in the rotation a lot anyway and Gay being in and out just added to that yesterday.

Smith and Woods (not sure about Moore, I missed when he was in) were just in the for the one series that I saw and that was undoubtedly because of the NYG 10 minute opening posession. Just a chance Belichick took to avoid them getting worn out early. Did they play again after that ?
  9. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Giants used the same tricked as they did when they faced us in game 16. Do you remember how Giants scored their last TD in game 16.? They did that to us yesterday.

i'm suprised to see our D coordinator did not pay attention about this. Unfortunately, our Randy Moss trick did not work last night.
  10. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +228 / 18 / -37

#50 Jersey

One of the things the announcers made mention of was how HUMID it was inside the dome. The Giants were regularly rotating in and out. The Giants also had a crate of bananas in the lockerroom and bananas on the sidelines to help keep the players potassium levels up.
  11. bclaff

bclaff Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Pierre looked good in there. Maybe he should have come in a few plays during that last drive. Maybe some fresh legs could have helped.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.