PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Back Up QB's out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Lets see I think if the Pats bring in someone its Simms.. Maybee they wont bring him in this week because his dad is doing the game, I doubt that but could be the reason.. Simms again is the best guy on the street QB out there right now.. Unless Vinny is called, but here our some others for trade

AJ Feely- Possible, has had succes against the pats , Eagles dont play us, so it could be a trade with us..

Billy Volek- Would love it, but why would San Diego help us.. ? Wont happen

Mark Brunell- Grizzled Vet, but dont think NO would trade him..

Todd Collins- with the way Jason Cambell is playing, the walepole native prob will not be here..

Patrick Ramsey- Better off with Casell

Chris Redman- was in our camp for a bit, but is entrenched as the number 2 in Atl

Those to me are the best fits, Grossman, Lenihart, Smith are not good fits for this team.. Quinn is not going anywhere ..So what does this mean??

It will be Cassel , O Connell and maybee Guiteriez, with possibly Testeverde, otherwise we will go with 2 Qb's Faulk as the thrid QB, which means we will have 5 RB 's and focus as a running team...

1 last thought on a street FA, if they are thinking of another guy Joey Harrington did have some success with Wes Welker..

Bottom line if Belichick believes in Casell , then so should we..

If they bring in a backup and I THINK they will at some point..it will be more for the stretch//where they have a month to get ready..NO PANIC moves here..no need. NO QB they sign will help in the next few games anyway.

I really like Cleo Lemon. I think he'd be great with a good supporting cast. He didn't look all that bad in Miami with one of the worst supporting casts ever. Might be able to pry him from the Jaguars.

On the washed-up veteran front... Steve McNair? I know injuries basically forced his retirement, but... (yeah, not going to happen)

Interviewer: "Are you goint to bring in another QB?"

Bill: "To do what?"

Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back