Welcome to PatsFans.com

Back to the Slammer!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

Now, we'll all be able to sleep a little better at night.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

OJ Simpson's Playing Golf

Uncle Teddy is a US Senator

:confused: :confused: :confused:
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

They should put Mike Tyson in her cell for a couple of days.
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Take it one step further, all media is in the same boat, Pathetic.
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

:rofl:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd still hit it~!

[​IMG]
  9. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +413 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

I feel sorry for Paris Hilton, really and truly. Why? Because she did not have adult role models growing up, and now must be deeply frightened suddenly thrust into an adult world of responsibility and consequence. She's 26 years old and is screaming for her mother, being led off to a relatively cushy individual jail cell for a short period of time. Pathetic, but the product of a privileged upbringing where people feel they're better than others.

What bothers me more -- much more -- is the fact that so many young people CARE about this woman-child and LOOK UP TO HER. When Hilton thanked her "fans" last week for helping get her through this "ordeal" of responsibility, it boggled my mind that a person like this who has accomplished NOTHING in life does, indeed, have "fans." Spectacles like this almost lead me to sympathize with the radical Muslims for hating America.
  10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

Well, that's a bit extreme. We've always had our Paris Hiltons, some more accomplished and some less accomplished. Jayne Mansfield and the Gabor sisters come to mind. Paris is very good at staying famous. Whatever she's going through is serving her well. I do feel bad for her, but she and her fans are in it for the melodrama.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Is that Eva or Zha-Zha? What babes those two were!
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

on a side note:

does anybody else feel this girl just isn't that attractive? i just don't get the fascination with her sex appeal.... i can think of about 50 female celebs way hotter than Paris Hilton, just off the top of my head....
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I agree. Definitely not worthy of ME - that's for sure! :rocker:
  14. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +413 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

Mansfield and the Gabors were actresses. They had at least "some" talent beyond their beauty. They WORKED for a living. Paris Hilton is a rich, pretty party girl and that is the extent of her celebrity. Why should this woman have "fans"?
  15. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Good post. The problem here is that she won't learn anything and then she will pass that same knowledge onto her kids someday
  16. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

NORML has an interesting post in contrast on how a quadriplegic was busted for Pot and went to jail and died... I have a terrific time with incarcerating guys like this and Paris as well, not that they are not responsible, but the sentencing judges allow this media circus to develop and all of the news outlets on both sides of the aisle are like lemmings. There are a range of options available to the judge, and sending people to jail for this kind of stuff does not make sense.. the person becomes a martyr and the whole system is fodder for both sides of the aisle.

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6282

Washington, DC: A 27-year-old quadriplegic man sentenced to serve ten days in a Washington, DC jail on charges that he possessed a minor amount of marijuana died while in custody last week due to inadequate health care, including prison officials' failure to provide him with a ventilator.

The victim, Jonathan Magbie, had been paralyzed from the neck down since the age of four, was unable to breath on his own, and required nursing care 20 hours a day.

Magbie was sentenced to spend ten days in jail on September 20, 2004 after pleading guilty to one charge of marijuana possession. Though prosecutors had recommended probation, the judge in the case ordered Magbie to serve jail time - noting that the defendant had told pre-sentence investigators that he would continue using marijuana because it made him feel better.

NORML Executive Director Keith Stroup called Magbie's death "one of the most tragic results of marijuana prohibition I have witnessed in the 35-year history of the organization."
  17. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Seconded. I see better looking women every day in London (the lovely Miss Gcat being #1, of course. :) ) Can someone tell me exactly what is so bad about her doing the time to which she has been sentenced? She broke laws which need to be strict to keep as many arseholes off the road as possible. She was sentenced for doing 70 in a 35 zone with no headlights on, having already been convicted for DUI. Which bit of that is difficult to comprehend as being dangerous?
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

She is a decadently spoiled Billionaire rich kid, who, if allowed to walk away from this will prevent [highlight] ANY [/highlight] minority or other similar criminal from EVER going to the slammer again for a similar offense: prior DUI and driving 70 in a 35, with no lights on. Every Johnny Cocharan in America will have this case book-marked and printed in color 120-lb glossy print paper, at the ready for the next time one of the home-boys/girls gets busted.
    You can bet the entire stock portfolios of yourself and all you can convince, it's done as done could be.

//
  19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The Gabors, Mansfield, Marilyn, et. al. had to WORK to get where they got. All Paris has done is be born into the Hilton Hotels family. The end-game of America's rich white families culture.

She's an embarrassment.

//
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I'm just glad that as my oldest daughter becomes aware of the world around her in her teen years, when she acts up, I can use the "You wanna end up like PARIS HILTON?" card. Damn, I hope I don't have to use that one!